cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WOW: How many logins do we need?

KamWest
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Ok so lets start with this...

I manage all of my family lines, had 5 and recently dropped one so now for my wife and kids I have 4.

This means...

4 Control Panel logins

4 NEW reward logins

4 Community logins

OMG even if I only have 1 line that is 3 logins and a pretty sad state of affairs.

I won't even get into the fact that instead of a drop down menu I have to log out and back in for every account. The control panel clearly shows a dropdown to select phone number, there is no reason Public should not be able to combine the accounts.

This is crazy, I need a password manager just to manage public and by separating the rewards it ads another login which we absolutely did not need.

All I can say is we have jobs and lives, logging in to get account information should not be this difficult.

15 REPLIES 15

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@KamWest, if you have a gmail account you can use the same one for all your phone accounts.

Here's what I mean in an example:

I have 4 accounts - me, my wife, my son, my daughter

My gmail account is superdad@gmail.com

I would use these email addresses for my phone accounts:

superdad+me@gmail.com

superdad+wife@gmail.com

superdad+son@gmail.com

superdad+daughter@gmail.com

All email correspondence will go to your superdad@gmail.com account and be separated by the header of the email.  In this example, you're really only using one email account to administer 4 phone accounts.  This is a feature of gmail that comes in very handy in situations like this. 

If you want to log in and purchase an add-on for your son, just use superdad+son@gmail.com to log into your son's account.  Also, using a password manager will really help, as mentioned by @Yummy  

I hope this helps.

@Yummy 

Apples and oranges. 

The wife example represents 2 people with 2 different accounts. 

This (here) is 1 person,  with 4 logins.  Self serve, community, store,  rewards

CONSOLIDATE  please,  Public Mobile.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Rewards can be accessed via the self serve account on the top right of the overview page (Go To) as well without needing to login again.

Doing this still requires the customer to log in again. Both clickable links point to an identical website address too.

Yes, I keep getting error/maintenance message when trying to toggle to My Rewards.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@KamWest 

I manage 8 accounts for my family using only one community account.  I use the login for the account need support by CSA to create support ticket.

Agree with you about the extra login for the rewards/points account.

@J_PM  It will be nice to link the self-serve account and the reward account similar to the Telus Rewards system.  There is no separate login for the Telus Rewards system when I am already in the Telus self-serve account.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

You dont need four logins for community. you can work with one. When you need to get something done and you get a URL to verify you then choose that Email id and password what you have registered the phone number in question with. Thats what I am doing with my multiple lines and only one community account.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Each account is unique. Same as your bank account. Can you manage your wife's account (unless you have power of attorney or joint account) logging into your personal account??? I do not think so.

Use password manager as Roboform, for example. I have more than 150 id/pass there and could not live without it.

If you would have access to your wife's account then one day we would have a question 'my hubby is messing with my account, please help me to stop him'.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

I TOTALLY agree @KamWest 

It is ridiculous -  Public Mobile should rethink it's login processes and consolidate it under 1 login for all services associated with 1 service account.   

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

Rewards can be accessed via the self serve account on the top right of the overview page (Go To) as well without needing to login again.

Doing this still requires the customer to log in again. Both clickable links point to an identical website address too.

Yes, using the link from within My Account still requiring to login again.  (You might got the illusion that you don't need to because you have login just moment before and the browser still cached)

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yeah, it seems to be too complicated without reasonable explanation. Having said that, we should all use Password Managers anyway and once you do that, it is much easier. 

@dabr wrote:

@hTideGnow    There is no separate account/login needed to purchase a phone.  You simply make the purchase and fill in the name/CC/shipping info requested and then you'll get the email notification once it's been shipped and a tracking #.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@KamWest wrote:

I manage all of my family lines, had 5 and recently dropped one so now for my wife and kids I have 4.

This means...

4 Control Panel logins

4 NEW reward logins

4 Community logins

Hi @KamWest  Yes, you are correct with your math. 

Luckily you didn't buy CPO phones or SIM from PM, if not, you will have at least one more login, could be more  🙂

Yes, PM has 4 systems now.   Phone Purchase, Community, My Account, Reward.  Luckily , the credentials on My Account and Rewards site are the same  

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

It is a separate login but isn't yours the same login as your self-serve account ad you just need to re-enter it?

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@KamWest    On the top right of your overview page there's a new option under Go To which allows you to toggle between My Account and My Rewards, except currently (My Rewards page) is displaying an error message with a notice that the page is down for maintenance.

Edit:  Seems the toggle option isn't working properly right now, hoping PM fixes this and doesn't keep requiring customers to login to view rewards separately from the self serve account!

0PX9O4
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@KamWest 

You left out the PM Shopify store login! On the other hand, the self serve and My Rewards logins are the same though the login pages are different.

However, I completely agree that it's a mess to have to manage so many separate logins, but PM was never good at managing its technology, and I imagine none of us came here for any reason other than the cheap plans.

One possible suggestion would be to see if you can eliminate some community logins for family members who may not use them.

Need Help? Let's chat.