cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voicemail notification stuck

heinmbadenhorst
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The voicemail notification is stuck despite multiple attempts to get it resolved with @CS_Agent. I have tried to following:

• Reset voicemail password
  • Reset phone services app (Samsung) - notification reappears after restart 
  • Did a network reset
  • Restarted phone multiple times
  • @CS_Agent did a refresh on their side
  • Inserted sim into another phone and the notification appears as soon as the phone boots up

At this stage I think my only option is the cancel the service. Anyone else has any answers? Should I give up because @CS_Agent can't seem the solve the issue on their side even though I know it is the Public Voicemail system spamming my phone with the notification.

21 REPLIES 21

johnnytran
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am having the same issue, Did you just chat with public mobile via online or phone? do they have a tech support number?

@esjliv  Sorry for the delay. I made some other tests. Everything worked fine with my IPhone 5S and my IPhone 6. A dot appeared after a message came. And when I deleted it it disappeared as it should.😁 with my IPhone 12 no dot at all after a message is left. Why upgraded our phones??? 🤪🤣 And I don’t want to reset every day my voicemail on the back so I decided to let go this problem. 

heinmbadenhorst

Good news, my issue has been resolved on Public Mobile's end. Tech support had to reset my voicemail and left me a voicemail. The stubborn notification went away after I listened to the message.

[ok then, a bug that vm reset by PM resolves ..... Luddite]

@Lieux wrote:

@esjliv  No no they WERE there!!😉

And they would not go away @Lieux  ?

@esjliv  No no they WERE there!!😉

@heinmbadenhorst wrote:

Doesn't that actually prove that it is not your phone as the issue is present on another phone when inserting the same sim?

Yes @heinmbadenhorst , I see your point. If @Lieux tried their SIM in another phone and notifications did not go away, then it doesn't seem like a device issue. Unless Lieux meant they were not there...?

Still, I'd try another provider's SIM card in your phone, if you can, and test that. See what happens.

@heinmbadenhorst wrote:

Doesn't that actually prove that it is not your phone as the issue is present on another phone when inserting the same sim?

HI @heinmbadenhorst   if putting the sim in iPhone 6S and notifications come, it proves it is not the network but could be a device issue of the original phone or the iOS version there.

@heinmbadenhorst  That’s not a public mobile problem for sure. Where is the real problem I don’t know.

heinmbadenhorst

HI @Lieux 

this is really a tough one to fix.  It is not even a iOS version issue either.  

@heinmbadenhorst  And…I tried my public mobile Sim in my old IPhone 6S and the notifications were there. So that’s not a Public mobile problem.🤷‍♀️ Good luck.

HI @heinmbadenhorst  Yes, this has been a problem for some customers for some time.  However, it might not be a Public Mobile problem, but a problem with the device.  I check around and there are so many posts about this problem with different carrier.  And sometimes it does not happen right a way, it might happen shortly after you joined a new carrier

@heinmbadenhorst wrote:

Okay so after numerous attempts to try this resolved on PM's end, they keep assigning me to new CS agents who basically tell me to do the same thing. I have given up and unfortunately I will cancel my service at the end of the month 😞

I am not confident this is an issue on Public Mobile's end @heinmbadenhorst .

A good way to test is, can you borrow someone else's SIM card from another provider and put it in your phone? See what happens when you send a message to there voicemail and if the notification disappears or not after listening to the message.

heinmbadenhorst

Okay so after numerous attempts to try this resolved on PM's end, they keep assigning me to new CS agents who basically tell me to do the same thing. I have given up and unfortunately I will cancel my service at the end of the month 😞

heinmbadenhorst

I got them to open a tech support ticket. Will see if they're able to resolve and report back. 

I forgot to mention that I started having the stuck notification about a month ago after I activated an extended absence greeting. I have since disabled the extended absence greeting to no avail.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@heinmbadenhorst I am sorry with you…I have problem with my notifications on my phone application. I tried many things too but nothing helped till now. Except to disable badge notifications for a while and enable it later. And another trick is to phone my voicemail with my phone and erase all my messages included some I just erased. But that’s not a solution every time.🤷‍♀️ If you google this problem on internet you will read that’s a problem with different companies and different phones. Sorry I can’t help you but you know now that’s you are not the only one who struggle with that.

@heinmbadenhorst wrote:

I don't agree that this is an issue on my side. Why would the same issue appear on another phone one I insert the public mobile Sim?

@heinmbadenhorst   OK, I guess I read it wrong what you said

But check around different forums/Communities, it is not just a Public Mobile issue

Did the Agent tried to reset your voicemail mailbox?  ask them to try, it could resolve it  , at least short term  

heinmbadenhorst

I don't agree that this is an issue on my side. Why would the same issue appear on another phone one I insert the public mobile Sim?

@heinmbadenhorst 

also, check @Lieux's experience

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/I-m-not-getting-notifications-for-my-voic...

Another idea is to disable badge notification first, then reboot the phone, and enable it back again

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I interpret your last bullet point that the problem followed the service.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@heinmbadenhorst   

as you see " Inserted sim into another phone and the notification appears as soon as the phone boots up", this is not really a carrier issue. 

There are posts about that here on this community as well as on other communities or forums.  It does not look like a carrier only issue, so, you could end up wih tthe same even you change carrier  😞

did agent try to reset your voicemail mailbox?  It could work briefly but again, we saw that this could come back and not a long time fix

Need Help? Let's chat.