cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verification Codes not being received

Pellki2025
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I'm not receiving verification or activation codes from some apps such as Telegram to activate my account. I know they app is sending them because other people I know receive them, I've been trying since this weekend.... Help please

17 REPLIES 17

@Pellki2025 

So, only Telegram is the problem?

and you were able to activate Telegram on this phone with this SIM card before?

Pellki2025

It worked a few months ago - I no longer have the codes, they were deleted

Pellki2025

It's a 438 area code - apps recognize it - it's not new

pmbc
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Pellki2025 The PM numbers are all legit, it's Telus afterall.  Could you have a number that's a new area code the apps aren't aware of? 

@Pellki2025   Have you checked that you haven't accidentally blocked Telegram in your phone (settings -> phone -> Blocked Contacts?   Do you recall from when it actually used to work (I'm assuming it did?) whether they sent from a phone number or a short code that always the same?  

Pellki2025

Another app I used said it's not possible to use my number, I must have a real phone number and not an app generated number like the ones you buy on hushed or textme... Isn't PM numbers recognized by some apps?

pmbc

@Pellki2025 Sounds odd that voice call doesn't go through either.  Your friends that are receiving the verification code are not using PM?

You might have to kick this to CSAgent for them to see if they can see anything on the backend why you're not receiving Telegram verification codes, 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

You should at least receive the voice call.

Pellki2025

I'm still not receiving any texts for verification and when I choose call me option to listen to the code, I'm also not receiving calls... I restarted my phone, all other text messages and calls I receive except for text verification code message from Telegram, they're saying to call my carrier... it might be blocked

pmbc

@Pellki2025 The iOS messages app has option to filter messages from unknown numbers and put them into a seperate list.  Could you have that turned on?

Pellki2025

I'm using iOS

pmbc

@Pellki2025 Since you've had your number for a yr with PM there's no reason why why SMS activation msgs are being blocked.  Are you using iOS or Android?  If Android, could the SMS app be filtering these messages?

Pellki2025

I've been receiving normal sms and bank codes no issues, but not receiving from Telegram for example. I've had the number for over a year so not a port issue

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Pellki2025 

First, do you receive any incoming calls and regular SMS (P2P) from friends?  If so, it is good, at least the porting was completed successfully

For 2FA text or other system generated text (A2P), it is normal for them to start coming later.   Systems take longer to find out you changed provider and to route the text correctly to the new provider (Public Mobile).    Also, financial institutions (banks) or government agencies (e.g, CRA)  put this delay on purpose too to avoid SIM Fraud

Usually they will start coming around the 3rd day after porting but it could take as many as 7 days for all the 2FA/A2P text to come.  

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Pellki2025  just for your account or other institutions like the bank ? Did you just join PM ? Some of those short code 2FA text can take a week after joining to get rerouted and catch up with your phone service transfer before you start to receive them again . If it’s your PM account try to tap option say didn’t get code and see if you get option to send code to email instead , if still no luck please submit ticket with support to help you re gain access to your account 

send a  private message   To CS_Agents

⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️Link below ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Pellki2025

I've had this number for over a year now. I'm receiving sms messages but not verification code to activate an app... it's being blocked

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Pellki2025 

are you getting text from friends and calls from friends?

if you are getting them ,then no worries, it is just a regular delay after porting.  I guess you just ported in your number less than a week?  Those sms 2FA text will come within a week

pmbc

@Pellki2025 Did you just port your number to PM?  How long ago?  You're referring to not receiving SMS message correct?

Need Help? Let's chat.