cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VOLTE for trip to US next week

DEhall
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

How exactly do I get VOLTE enabled for my iPhone 8+ for my trip to the US next week? My cellular data options show only LTE and 3G.

6 REPLIES 6

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Turn wifi off and make a test call at home. Does it stay on LTE when making a call? If so then you have VoLTE enabled already. 

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@DEhall wrote:

How exactly do I get VOLTE enabled for my iPhone 8+ for my trip to the US next week? My cellular data options show only LTE and 3G.

I got iPhone 8 Plus too, the iPhone only show LTE. But when you are in US and connect to T Mobile, iPhone will show VoLTE under settings.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@DEhall 

in the Settings, click Cellular / Cellular Data Options (Roaming ON) / Voice & Data LTE or Volte.

To test, turn off wifi, then place a call...does the phone drop to 3g or stay at LTE or Volte ?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hI @DEhall  iPhone 8+ would be good to use VoLTE on T-Mobile

No need to turn on.  Telus/PM hide the option. As long as they enabled the option on your profile, it will be enabled on your phone., just PM hide the option

So, but the raoming with Talk and make sure Data is set to LTE and test

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DEhall , please use the following link to confirm VoLTE compatibility for your phone and use the steps provided to enable it.  If you can get that done successfully then you are good to go for US roaming.  

https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/how-to-use-volte

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DEhall  Check phone setting for the option and or you can ask support to enabled it in your phone as you’re going away … new activations get it right away thou so depending when you joined it may already be enabled 

• while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking >>>>>>>>here.

Need Help? Let's chat.