cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using mobile data for software updates?

Joe_G
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I recently did an OTA software update on my Samsung phone from One UI 6.0 to One UI 6.1 using 2GB of mobile data. The 2GB shows in PM's history but was not added to PM's usage tally.

Are software updates using data not counted toward the monthly allotment?

6 REPLIES 6

Joe_G

@Dunkman wrote:

@Joe_G wrote:

I did the software update May 23rd and it shows in history but not in total.

@Joe_G 

It should have counted to your total.  Maybe a glitch in the system?  

The website does have caching issues.  Maybe try to log in with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode for a more accurate picture of your usage.  

I always use incognito mode for PM.

My original post was referring to what I see on the web site. The PM app is even worse. It has 3GB missing from the Usage Overview. The funny thing is the usage history is up to date to the minute, but the Overview says "Last Updated May 14, 11:39am".

@Joe_G wrote:

@Joe_G 

It should have counted to your total.  Maybe a glitch in the system?  

The website does have caching issues.  Maybe try to log in with a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode for a more accurate picture of your usage.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

ANY mobile data usage gets counted toward your limit. First will be used your plan quota then loyalty bonus then holiday bonuses and finally add-ons.

Joe_G

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Joe_G 

Public Mobile updates their system twice a day. I am just guessing here since when dialing 611 to get info about your payments says the payment will be taking out at 2am, I would wager a guess that the system is updated at 2am and 2pm daily. Of course, this is pure conjecture. 🙂 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Use history is only updated twice daily. Check again later. 

Need Help? Let's chat.