Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Delinquent balance without plan?

Isaiah5417
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I've been a PM client since 2019.

My plan just expired but right now I cannot top it up. 

I have $10 balance on my account, how can I use this without a plan? 

Thank you

10 REPLIES 10

Meow
Mayor / Maire

@Korth wrote:

Any days your plan is suspended won't be counted towards Loyalty Rewards. You won't collect Referral Rewards, and anyone who collects a Referral Reward from you won't either. And you might miss out on any

Not exactly true. To my best knowledge, your Plan can be in suspension up to 60 days and you will still be eligible for loyalty rewards. Only if suspension goes beyond 60 days your loyalty will be delayed but not removed.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@hTideGnow 

There has been 2 or 3 a day since the 28th of April.

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Did no rewards apply to your account? I am assuming you are on the old rewards program and if you have the 10 plan that turned to 13, the 19 you have in your balance may cover it if you have enough rewards

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Isaiah5417   Look like it is another case that PM fails to renew the $10 plan after the $3 price increase.  The current price is now $13.  Some have problem like yours but able to resume the service after manually topping up of $3.  Did you try that?

Also, was your last renewal date April 28?  I am wondering if this latest glitch only affected those renewal date on April 28 or affected those after as well?

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Isaiah5417 

Unfortunately if you are on the $10 plan pm may or not have informed you of the $3 price increase a 30% rate hike in early March via either SMS text message or email. Regardless they failed to communicate to customers the possibility of of suffering a well known glitch with their autopay system that only charges customers the old price of the plan rather than the new price they programmed into the self serve account's. So while autopay charged you $10 it left your account with insufficient funds to renew your plan and instead your service was suspended. I trust that my community members have advised you how to renew your plan. 

You do not have to accept this unreasonable and unjustified 30% rate fee hike and have options to make a complaint to both pm and the CCTS. 

To contact customer support :

Submit a support ticket via Simple--Simon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you prefer or cannot submit a support ticket you may send a private message : Click here 

To pre-verify add in your private messaging only your full name, address, email, phone # & 4 digit account pin #

Korth
Mayor / Maire

@Isaiah5417 wrote:

My plan just expired but right now I cannot top it up. 

You cannot do anything without an active plan. You could actually buy add-ons with available funds, if you like, but you cannot actually use them without an active plan.

On the plus side: there's no cost, no charges, no fees, no penalties for allowing your plan to become suspended ("expired"). And no costs when you reactivate ("renew") the plan. And you aren't charged for the suspended/inactive days. Your plan will begin again on the first day of your next billing cycle the next time you or your AutoPay makes a payment. You won't even lose a "grandfathered" legacy plan that's no longer offered (unless PM changes their rules).

You won't collect any Rewards or Points for the days your plan is suspended. Any days your plan is suspended won't be counted towards Loyalty Rewards. You won't collect Referral Rewards, and anyone who collects a Referral Reward from you won't either. And you might miss out on any Community Reward payouts you'd normally get if they happen to be awarded on a day your plan is suspended.

Many PM customers allow their plans to lapse while they're travelling/etc. You can allow your plan to remain suspended for up to 90 days without payment before the account is permanently terminated - although once this happens the account is gone forever, along with any unused funds, add-ons, promos, Rewards/Points, phone number, and SIM card which are attached to it. If you are "delinquent" for a while then no big deal but if it's worth saving then make sure you don't let it languish long enough to become permanently terminated.

If finances are tight then you can change your plan to something cheaper - the lowest-cost option is the $15 plan - this just becomes your new plan moving forward (until/unless you change it again), and any add-ons/etc you have attached to the account will still work fine with it. Beware that if you switch away from a legacy plan which is no longer offered then you won't be able to switch back to it. And if your plan has bonus data/minutes/discount/etc from a conditional promo offer then you might lose that promo bonus by switching away too early.

@Isaiah5417 wrote:

Sorry, but you can't.  You must have an active plan to use the service as there are no pay-per-use charges at Public Mobile.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

What Plan you are right now?

If you are on old $10 Plan you would have to add $3 more and on next renewal autopay (if you are on it) will renew your Plan next time.

If you are on higher plan then you either top it up for next renewal or leave as is.

Due to not sufficient funds, your account will be suspended for up to 90 days.

If you plan to be absent longer than 90 days then do not remove credit card from the file, log in around 85-88th day and renew your service manually for following month. Then again you have a window of 90 days. Good idea is to lower your Plan to $15 Plan. Be aware your loyalty rewards counter will be delayed if you suspend service for more than 60 days.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Isaiah5417   Not sure what you mean by you cannot top it up?  If you have a payment card registered then just log into your account and add the amount due and click Reactivate and reboot your phone.  You can also dial 611 and add the funds from your payment card if you know your 4 digit PIN.

Otherwise purchase a voucher from places like Shell (or other gas stations), Canadian Tire or London Drugs and then load the funds via 611 or self serve account.

Edit:  Ahh...yes it's most likely you just need to top up with $3 since the the $10 plan had a price hike of 30% effective April 28th, as mentioned by @esjliv .

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Isaiah5417  -  your services are not working right now..is that what you mean by 'without a plan'?

If you were on the $10 plan, that price increased on April 28th to $13.

So you will need to add $3 or more manually to your account and reactivate it.

Hopefully you received some communications about the increase, I think some others may not have.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

edit extra word removed

Need Help? Let's chat.