cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Us roaming

Ckk_2194
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

What will the data speeds be for USA roaming? Will it be the same speed as in my current plan?

15 REPLIES 15

@hycm53- Thanks for the update. And that's with volte which was the real part of your test. So still no AT&T.

By the way, any modern phone can all 911 without even a sim in the phone. Or an expired sim. Or a sim that won't connect to a network.

It looks like for emergency call only when connected to AT&T.

@hycm53 thanks for testing, still a no go for AT&T ;(

After I manually connected to AT&T, “SOS” showed on screen. My phone is iPhone 8 Plus. It automatically connected to T- Mobile.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Lots of factors to consider, including local network capacity and congestion, as well as your plan speed at home. Keep in mind that when roaming I believe there is some sort of a connection back to your home network (sort of like a VPN), so that will add lag.

maximum_gato
Mayor / Maire

@Ckk_2194 

Depending on your plan....if it's "3G" then it's throttled up to 3mbps. If it's a "4G" plan then it depends on the provider. Currently it's only been proven that we can connect to T-Mobile's 4G LTE network worldwide mobile data. Typical download speeds are between 19 and 76mbps and upload speeds of between 4 and 20mbps.

@dust2dust wrote:

@hycm53- And remember to try the connection to AT&T. 🙂

Yes, sir!

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

The speed is decided by the fact that the data flows through Telus/Public routers via the APN.

Ckk_2194
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

That would be great thanks 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

@Ckk_2194   Yes, as good as you have it here, maybe better

@hycm53- And remember to try the connection to AT&T. 🙂

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@Ckk_2194 wrote:

What will the data speeds be for USA roaming? Will it be the same speed as in my current plan?

I will test it when I'm in the State tomorrow.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ckk_2194 

It will be 4G/LTE if you are on the 4G plan and if your phone is compatible.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Yes...theoretically.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Yes.

Need Help? Let's chat.