cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not getting voicemail notifications since 'reset'

kylekrailk
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wasn't able to use my phone, but texting worked...you guys helped me get a hold of tech support and they were able to 'reset' something on their end and my phone started working like normal again... EXCEPT I stopped getting voice mail notifications. I have an iphone 13 mini and I used to get a notification when I had a new voice message and and I could click a button under 'voicemail' to call in and get my messages. That's gone.

Now I can only access it by calling my number and checking manually, and to my surprise I had 5 un-listened messages.

Where do I go from here?

11 REPLIES 11

kylekrailk

I've had that enabled and it doesn't do that on my phone at least.

@kylekrailk wrote:

Notifications were and are all enabled.

Goes to Settings>Phone>Notifications>enable “Badges”

After this settings, you will see a red dot on phone app when you get voice mail. But the red dot will keep on after you have listen voice mail until you reboot the phone then the red dot will gone.

@kylekrailk   you can tried to open ticket with PM support and ask them to reset the voicemail mailbox for you because of that.  I think this way is just 50% chance of resolving the issue.

kylekrailk

It just doesn't seem like a coincidence that this issue started when I couldn't make or receive calls, and then that was resolved. When it was 'fixed', I noticed that for a minute visual voicemail (which I haven't had for years) popped up and then went away. So it's like it tried to initialize my voice mail connection and then failed.

@kylekrailk this message snan issue reported by many people with different providers and different iPhones different iOS versions.  It is hard to pinpoint what exact the issue and fix 

Try this

1. disable all notifications

2 Call your voicenail and delete them, make sure no voicemail there 

3. reboot the phone and turn on notifications again

4 Test it 

Another thing  to test  is to try click Reset All networks.  But please note it will delete your saved wifi and Bluetooth connections as well

kylekrailk

Notifications were and are all enabled.

kylekrailk

I upgraded to 16.4. turned my phone off, on again. Had a friend leave a voice message and still no notification or button available in the voicemail section.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@kylekrailk 

Also check your notification settings to see if it is enabled and if you are on the latest update. Go to Settings>Phone>Notification>enable Allow Notifications.

@Lieux happy to hear it still working. LoL

@kylekrailk  After I updated to IOS 16.4 I have now the notifications for my voicemail messages.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@kylekrailk what version of iOS you got??  @Lieux updated to the latest one and it started working again 

Need Help? Let's chat.