cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upcoming changes to loyalty program

SnowFallzy
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I just received an email for a change to a new points system, I was wondering what would happen to my loyalty credits I’ve been receiving on each bill. Would my bill be same?

15 REPLIES 15

@Meow 

here's confirmation that new 150 Day data gets used before older Holiday Bonus data gets used...

Re: Bonus data 150 days

Hello there,

Thank you for replying.

You're right, that's how it will work, will be used first the one with the expiry date, since the holiday bonus doesn't have an expiry date will remain there until you use the one with the expiry date.

Kind regards,

Danny

Customer Support Agent.

Manny_78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is extremely disappointing, reminds me of that time they tried to increase the price, there was a ton of push back.  My wife has been with PM for years, this is a kick in the teeth.

@Meow wrote:

@hairbag1 wrote:

@SnowFallzy 

not everyone got 250GB's Bonus data. Whatever Bonus data you did get, will only last for 150 days. It will get used as soon as your regular plan data is exhausted. You'll still keep any Holiday Bonus data from previous freebies you might have accumulated...the new 150 day  Bonus data will get used first though.

@hairbag1 Do you know that as a fact? Can you point me out to official clarification how bonus data will be used vs holiday gifts.

I'm sure I read it here somewhere...I'll keep looking.

@Legacy_Rewards wrote:

@hairbag1 

I received the email but got no bonus data. I have all my holiday bonuses in my overview page only. How come some people got bonus data?

The data could be there anytime before end of today March 8th...keep watching for it.
edited...log in to your PM account on a laptop, clear cache files to view most current add-ons to see if it's been added  to your acct.

@hairbag1 wrote:

@SnowFallzy 

not everyone got 250GB's Bonus data. Whatever Bonus data you did get, will only last for 150 days. It will get used as soon as your regular plan data is exhausted. You'll still keep any Holiday Bonus data from previous freebies you might have accumulated...the new 150 day  Bonus data will get used first though.

@hairbag1 Do you know that as a fact? Can you point me out to official clarification how bonus data will be used vs holiday gifts.

PointsAreCrap

The "amount paid" vs "plan cost" is quite the sneaky detail. By using your points you get less points the next month. Its like the inverse of how you pay sales tax on all the other taxes when you buy gas.

Legacy_Rewards

@hairbag1 

I received the email but got no bonus data. I have all my holiday bonuses in my overview page only. How come some people got bonus data?

PointsAreCrap

As long as you decide to use it before mid August. They even managed to make their consolation prize insultingly poor.

HunterWolf

The way that it looked, rather than getting a bill credit, points will be given at a rate of 5% of amount paid, which then can be used for money off of your bill or be redeemed for add-ons at a rate of 1 point= $1 

eJonavin

150 days. So actually less than 5 months (5x30=150 but missing a few 31 day months)

@SnowFallzy 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@SnowFallzy 

PM has decided to eliminate the old Rewards program in favour of the newer Points program. As of May, we are all going to be reduced to Points...even us legacy Rewards customers. Here's an overview of the Points we will be enrolled in....

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/public-points

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

yes but it's I believe good for only 6 months I believe

SnowFallzy

250GB of data to be used at my discretion???

kcorscadden
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

No, you will lose all credits minus the referral credits, but they are giving you a lump um of 250GB data 

Need Help? Let's chat.