cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unregistered SIM - need HELP

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
I have created nine PM (Public Mobile) accounts over a few years for friends and family  and never had an issue until yesterday. Created a new account for a friend with a new SIM. The process went easy as usual. Entered SIM #, Credit card success, ported phone Samsung J3 from Telus to PM no issues, referral code OK, everything went as usual and account created,  successful with payment made.
Installed new  SIM, booted phone. Phone will "not connect to network" and message "SIM not registered".
Test results:
New SIM will not work in any other Samsung PM registered phones
SIM from two other PM account phones WILL work in J3 phone
Strong cell signal rebooted many times.
Seems to me a problem with the SIM card failed OR account and SIM not synced.
No response from Moderator private message after 24 hours
ANY SUGGESTIONS?
SOLUTION

Solution:

Agents were finally able to get the phone/account up and running. It took almost 3 days and I was possibly a part of the problem. The rules for porting have changed since the last time I created a friend's account and not reading the community post on Transferring.

Click link below

Transferring or Changing your Phone

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

I neglected to leave my SIM from my current carrier in the phone until I verified a text message from them asking "If I wanted to move to a new carrier" Answer either YES or NO.

That then releases your phone from them and started the porting to Public Mobile. In my case I had to go through my garbage to find the SIM, not fun.  

31 REPLIES 31

DvAbCanEh

Disregard 

DvAbCanEh

All is good, Agents looked after me and I have no complaints.

There could have been other issues, in my solution post I just wanted to help others with this aspect of changing carriers

The SIM is no big deal, I'll test it and keep if OK or junk it.

Thanks All

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

I used 2 PM SIM cards, the first one showed "SIM not registered", so bought a second and tried that, my phone kept indicating "SIM not registered" for both SIMs.

So assume now because the previous carrier didn't get verification for 3 days,

Even previous provider didn't release your line, your SIM should still be able to connect to PM and make outgoing calls and outgoing text and data.  So, SIM NOT PROVISIONED should not happen.  Did you open a ticket with PM ?  I wonder if they re-provisioned the SIM on the back end (as well as you fixed the porting issue)

if PM did something to reprovisioned the SIM, then it wasn't setup the properly and you might want to ask them for the $10 back.  If you have a ticket opened, replied on the ticket and ask them.

@DvAbCanEh 

Check your credit card statement. Do you have two separate charges posted to your account from public mobile? If you do you have created two accounts. If you dont then its likely the sim card can be used again.

DvAbCanEh

Thanks, I'll give the suggestion a whirl to test the old SIM cards.

Any other comments welcome. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DvAbCanEh : Have a read just above. Start an activation typing in the numbers. If it works and continues then it should be good. Then stop and don't continue and don't pay.

DvAbCanEh

I used 2 PM SIM cards, the first one showed "SIM not registered", so bought a second and tried that, my phone kept indicating "SIM not registered" for both SIMs.

So assume now because the previous carrier didn't get verification for 3 days, they wouldn't release the phone for the porting which caused PM creating me a new account.

Thanks to the PM Team for sticking with me in many private messages to rectify the problem.

MY QUESTION NOW:

Is the 1st SIM that showed not registered still usable or is it trash. Only 10 bucks but still nice to keep it for future friends.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@CountyDownIeUk : For playing around purposes, you can go all the way up to paying. Don't pay. Close it all down and you're done playing.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried the activation process again. When you key in the SIM # it will give you a √ mark if it registrable or a message if it is not. And of course....don't go beyond the SIM # entry. 

@DvAbCanEh   glad you still able to find your old SIM after some "investigation" (LoL).. Many threw away and couldn't find it... and a big drama from there

and for your PM SIM, you saved a SIM and didn't swap to another new PM sim, right?

for the text (porting authentication text), it was like that for sometime, at least a year. I think that was a good move to avoid unwanted porting.  No worry.. important thing is that.. you are up and running now.. thanks for coming back and provide us the update  🙂

DvAbCanEh

Solution:

Agents were finally able to get the phone/account up and running. It took almost 3 days and I was possibly a part of the problem. The rules for porting have changed since the last time I created a friend's account and not reading the community post on Transferring.

Click link below

Transferring or Changing your Phone

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Transferring-or-Changing-your-Phone-Num...

I neglected to leave my SIM from my current carrier in the phone until I verified a text message from them asking "If I wanted to move to a new carrier" Answer either YES or NO.

That then releases your phone from them and started the porting to Public Mobile. In my case I had to go through my garbage to find the SIM, not fun.  

@DvAbCanEh 

This is a sim provisioning issue. This happens on occasion. Its very unlikely to be a faulty sim card and a sim swap wont likely work because the account is not properly provisioned in the first place.

Type "sim card not provisioned upon activation" and "human" and follow the prompts to submit your ticket via Simple--Simon. Or put above in the subject line of a private message. This may yield better results because a CSA may overnight reply and provision the sim card or do it early in the morning as you can be more detailed with the issue and what you have tried and a support ticket may or may not be difficult to verify with no phone service. ( I recieved overnight customer support last night.)

Spoiler

Send a private message...   Contact the CSA's (formerly moderators) by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:  

1. Full name and address on pm account. ( Or province and postal code for newer accounts.)
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If  you cannot remember your pin # include at least three ( if they apply)of the following:

1.  Date of birth (n/a on newer accounts.)
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #.
  10. Frequently called/texted phone numbers in the last 30 days.  

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less as I have had some very quick responses in tne past week.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon next to your avatar for a little number to pop indicating a message from the CSA's (formerly moderators.) Responding promptly will speed up service times.

Do not post any of this info in the community only in your private messages when communicating or contacting the CSA/Moderator_Team.

To send a private message to the CSA's (formerly moderators) click below
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DvAbCanEh

Thanks all. I'm going to try mod's again see if I get help and last resort I will waste a SIM tomorrow and see how it goes. I'll post results when (if) friend is up and running.

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

SIM seems faulty. Use SIM swap. contact support if needed.

As mentioned it is some sort of glitch in porting/activation as we see every other thread with this issue nowadays. hopefully Nov14 maintenance will fix it.

DvAbCanEh

Ported from a Telus account which was paid in full and nothing owing. All previous ports from Telus worked in the situation

@Anonymous wrote:

@esjliv: So now are you going to report me and whine and complain to everyone that might listen that I dared to make a correction of one of your posts? 🙂

@Anonymous  - HAHA - what?  🤣 😂

DvAbCanEh

Only shows last 4 digits of SIM and they match

I wouldn't do a SIM swap at this stage... I would  suggest to wait for CS reply and see if they have problem with the provision.  It could be something they can fix on the back end and you don't have to waste a SIM card.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DvAbCanEh  was the Telus account you ported over ACTIVE?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@esjliv wrote:

TWO: when you go to the Change Number option under My Profile does the 4 digits listed there match the last 4 digits of the SIM card that you activated?

esjliv_1-1628215126540.png

I can't imagine it would be different, if you just activated and paid for the activation.

But if it IS different, that would be a problem.

@DvAbCanEh : That would be Change SIM Card...not Change Number.

@esjliv: So now are you going to report me and whine and complain to everyone that might listen that I dared to make a correction of one of your posts? 🙂

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@DvAbCanEh wrote:
I have created nine PM (Public Mobile) accounts over a few years for friends and family  and never had an issue until yesterday. Created a new account for a friend with a new SIM. The process went easy as usual. Entered SIM #, Credit card success, ported phone Samsung J3 from Telus to PM no issues, referral code OK, everything went as usual and account created,  successful with payment made.
Installed new  SIM, booted phone. Phone will "not connect to network" and message "SIM not registered".
Test results:
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

@DvAbCanEh , just to make sure...if you log into the Self Serve account that was just created from this SIM card activation:

ONE: it is active status?

TWO: when you go to the Change Number 'SIM CARD' option under My Profile does the 4 digits listed there match the last 4 digits of the SIM card that you activated?

esjliv_1-1628215126540.png

EDIT - DUH, not the Change Number one above, but the Sim Card option (thanks @Anonymous )

I can't imagine it would be different, if you just activated and paid for the activation.

But if it IS different, that would be a problem.

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

I have a second new SIM I bought from PM a while ago when they were on a special. I see in accounts I can replace a SIM card. 

I didn't want to screw everything by trying this before asking for help.

Could I try a 2nd SIM, the money wasted is no problem just want t get the phone running again for my friend.

Yes, @DvAbCanEh 

You could do the SIM swap. But note, the 1st SIM will no longer be able to be used again once you swap it out for another one.

But if it is dud anyway, you are out the cost of the SIM regardless. Unless you can request a refund from the original location you bought it with.

If the 2nd SIM does not work, well, than you have an account issue somewhere; Connect with CSA.

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@softech wrote:

not sure if anyone feel that way.  I think over the past week , there has been a bit of activation issue related with SIM .  I don't think if anyone reported back what was done to resolve the issue in the end.  

Things come in waves at PM.

Some weeks it's network issues, other week credit card problems, now it's activation/porting.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

not sure if anyone feel that way.  I think over the past week , there has been a bit of activation issue related with SIM .  I don't think if anyone reported back what was done to resolve the issue in the end.  

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

I have a second new SIM I bought from PM a while ago when they were on a special. I see in accounts I can replace a SIM card. 

Could I try a 2nd SIM, the money wasted is no problem just want t get the phone running again for my friend.

@DvAbCanEh 

Yes you can log in your account and Change SIM card yourself if you don't want to wait for CS reply

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

You could use the "Change SIM" function to go ahead and swap out the SIM card.

However, I might wait for a CSA to respond to make sure it's not just an account provisioning issue with the activation.

DvAbCanEh

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@DvAbCanEh wrote:
Test results:
ANY SUGGESTIONS?

@DvAbCanEh 

Did you buy the SIM from PM?

If from other places try to get it exchanged as suggested since it looks like the SIM may be faulty.

But you can contact CS first to check if it's not a provisioning issue:

Spoiler
Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"
or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DvAbCanEh 

go sign in to Self-Serve, to review your account,and do you check it status is Active or !!

and send one more time to Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, and Explain your issue to they can solve your issue, they are nice Service Team they will help you 100%.

Here’s How To Contact Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,and Submit a Ticket,

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent,Click Here link,to get started. Type,, Ticket ,, Click ,, Contact Us ,, Select your issue ,,
    Click here to submit a ticket↗↗.

• or you can send a private message to Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, by Click Here link,
  • please include in your message,
  • phone number,
  • account number, 
  • account 4 digit pin,
  • Email address,

• Customer Support Agent by CS_Agent, will Response to your inbox by private message 
  • During business hours, we strive to answer customer messages swiftly. You will often get an answer within an hour. During peak periods, you may need to wait up to 48 hours.Customer Support Agents are available:
    • Monday to Sunday: 6 AM to 10 PM EST

Check your private message inbox (click on the envelope top right of your screen)

Good Luck....

Need Help? Let's chat.