cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam Calls

ColinP123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I've never in my life had as many spam calls since I changed over to Public Mobile. 

Who is PM selling our numbers to?? 

I get at least 2 spam calls a day and I constantly block them + have my phone not let through unregistered numbers. 

It's ridiculous. 

Any help or tips would be great. 

5 REPLIES 5

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

NOTHING to do with PM. PM is Not selling your number to anybody.

It is just that spammers picket numbers starting with certain area codes and 3 digits and spoofing them.

Wayworn
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You are very lucky that you only get 2 spam calls a day. Both my cell and land line receive countless daily spam and fraudster calls.

Realize that when you share -( as they insist for so called security measures) even with your bank you must acknowledge that the will only share your info with their affiliated companies. These affiliated companies do include insurance, credit cards, investment etc etc that in turn may have additional affiliated companies. 
We have stopped answering our phones and  at home monitor our counter top  answering machine before we pickup.

AveragePerson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I think spammers/scammers are just more aggressive and adding every possible combination of phone numbers to their database.  

If you have an android phone, it's pretty good at identifying and alerting you that it's a spam call.

On your device, open the Phone app .
Tap More options More and then Settings and then Caller ID and spam.
Turn See caller ID & spam on or off.

If you have an iPhone, you need to download an app.

ColinP123
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks for the quick response. 

It's a ported number I've had for 10+ years and the issue only started with I switched over. 

I'll try and tighten down my settings like you suggested. Thank you.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @ColinP123 

PM is owned by Telus and they won't sell your accounts to spammers 🙂

if you got your number new when you activated the PM account, likely it was a "bad" number from the previous owner.  You can login My account, go to Profile and choose a new phone number 

but if you ported in your number, you probably don't want to change the number.  In this case, you will have to use the device feature "Silent unknown caller" to filter the number, have your phone only ring from know people on your contact list and send others to voicemail.  But using this feature, you will have to have every friend saved on your contacts

Need Help? Let's chat.