cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unlimited Talk Canada Wide But No Minutes?

wyatttaylor08
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How is This Possible? I Pay My Phone Every Month On Time and Pay for Unlimited Talk Canada Wide and Unlimited International Texting. How is It My Phone isn't Working & Is Saying Repetitively That I'm Out of Minutes and Need to Add More When I am Paying for an Unlimited Service? I'm Very Upset as This is Costing Me Quite a Bit of Financial Issues Today -Not Being Able to Make Calls When I am Moving.

19 REPLIES 19

@wyatttaylor08 

Just dial your numbers as 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx

If you don't, then your local calling exchange could block outgoing calls and play a message about not-enough-minutes or long-distance-charges-may-apply. Even when you have Unlimited Canada-wide Talk.

Incoming calls may have to also dial your number as 1-xxx-xxx-xxxx. Especially if your number was ported from elsewhere and originally assigned to a different calling block in a different region.

@wyatttaylor08 

This can sometimes be a provisioning issue if it happens right after renewal but more often than not its just a glitch that sometimes happens usually at the most inconvenient time. I can usually be solved by rebooting your phone and waiting a few minutes. Then try dialing a phone number that you call often and it will connect.

@softech wrote:

"3G Only" seems to be the magical workaround that some people believe that will solve every issues.  In this case, It is hard to believe that this in fact will solve OP's issue.

Anyway. .glad OP is able to making the callls now 

I have unlimited Canada wide calling on my plan. Yesterday, I got the 'ol "outta minutes" message as well. It only lasted for a couple minutes and shortly was able to call again without changing anything.

"...strange things happen around this place."

"3G Only" seems to be the magical workaround that some people believe that will solve every issues.  In this case, It is hard to believe that this in fact will solve OP's issue.

Anyway. .glad OP is able to making the callls now 

@computergeek541 wrote:

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

Issue Resolved Had to Change To WCDMSA and Not LTE or Other...

I don't believe that's what actually solved the issue.  When you're trying to make a phone call, you'lre automatically swtiched to the WCDMA network.  If this were a matter of the phone not correctly doing that, you wouldn't even have heard the message about being out of minutes. I see this as being a case of the issue resolving itself.

@computergeek541  - I tend to agree. 

I do not see how that message about being out of minutes should be be connected to the Mobile Connection you are on. Or, how far you are from a tower?

Unless someone can explain otherwise.

I was more of the mind that this was that glitch, that seemed to started happening earlier this year...customer with unlimited calling would get that message they do not have long distance calling/minutes.

I have also had this message a few times earlier this year. 

Either I would just ignore the message and the call would connected, or add a 1 in front of the 10 digit number, or I would reboot, or do a reset of the network settings.

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

I don't believe that's what actually solved the issue.  When you're trying to make a phone call, you'lre automatically swtiched to the WCDMA network.  If this were a matter of the phone not correctly doing that, you wouldn't even have heard the message about being out of minutes. I see this as being a case of the issue resolving itself.

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

Glad to hear that it is resolved.  Manually selecting 3G/WCDMSA seems to resolve many calling issues.  It might be specific to your location and the nearest cell tower.  

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

I Am Debating Reporting This Issue to The Better Business Bureau As I Cannot Get in Touch With An Actual Person at Public No Matter How Hard I Attempt Too. Their Phone Customer Service Robot Disconnects on Me and Their Chat is Of No Assistance When It Utilizes Giving The Same Suggestions Constantly. Very Upsetting!

@wyatttaylor08 

We've seen this "bug" reported from time to time. If trying the suggested tips doesn't solve your issue, contact CS to have them check and reprovision your SIM if necessary:

Open a ticket via:
https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html (faster response time)
Type "ticket" > Click "Contact Us" > Select your issue > "Click here to submit a ticket↗"

or send a private message to:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437
and describe your issue. Include your name,phone #, account #, Email address,4-digit PIN to speed up authentication process.

After sending the message, watch your community inbox for their reply.

@wyatttaylor08   Just as FYI you can use the @key and then click the username that you are responding to from the drop down list that will appear.  Makes it easier to know whose post you are responding to.. 😊  

Hopefully, one of the suggestions work otherwise you might need to contact customer support by clicking the chatbot bubble bottom right of screen and ask for assistance.

wyatttaylor08

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

Everything is Active, Texting Works and Local Calls Work But I am Trying to Call Numbers in a City 6 Hours Away and It Says I'm out of Minutes. I Was Able to Do it For One Call - Than Now All of a Sudden Can't. I Need to Make these Calls or I'm On The Streets. 

@wyatttaylor08 

Are you dialing 

1-(area code) - phone number?  

wyatttaylor08

I am on the $35 Plan Actually, Gonna Try This Now but have tried this multiple times and still no success. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

Everything is Active, Texting Works and Local Calls Work But I am Trying to Call Numbers in a City 6 Hours Away and It Says I'm out of Minutes. I Was Able to Do it For One Call - Than Now All of a Sudden Can't. I Need to Make these Calls or I'm On The Streets. 

@wyatttaylor08 

i suggest you to use a app Textme or Talkatone, and you will getting new canadian number for Free from that app,

• Unlimited Call \ SMS \ MMS a Free USA/Canada.

Here link for app Talkatone.

Here link for app Text Me.

wyatttaylor08

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

How is This Possible? I Pay My Phone Every Month On Time and Pay for Unlimited Talk Canada Wide and Unlimited International Texting. How is It My Phone isn't Working & Is Saying Repetitively That I'm Out of Minutes and Need to Add More When I am Paying for an Unlimited Service? I'm Very Upset as This is Costing Me Quite a Bit of Financial Issues Today -Not Being Able to Make Calls When I am Moving.

@wyatttaylor08   Are you on the $25 plan?  Then you shouldn't be getting that message.  Try switching your network settings to 3G/WCDMA as Telus is upgrading equipment in certain areas which is impacting some customers.  Also reboot afterwards.

@wyatttaylor08 wrote:

I Am Debating Reporting This Issue to The Better Business Bureau As I Cannot Get in Touch With An Actual Person at Public No Matter How Hard I Attempt Too. Their Phone Customer Service Robot Disconnects on Me and Their Chat is Of No Assistance When It Utilizes Giving The Same Suggestions Constantly. Very Upsetting!

Try cycling phone OFF / On....see if that helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@wyatttaylor08 

can you try reseat the SIM card and Make sure your phone is off before removing your SIM card,

1. power off your device

2. take out the SIM card,

3. waiting a 1 minute

4. put it back and power on,

5. toggling airplane mode off/on,  

can you try manually selecting network "3G ONLY" or WCDMA only,

for iPhone visit Here link 

or Here link 

for android visit Here link ,

and do Rebooting your phone ,This is quick and simple,to refreshing your network,

*what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

To get the obvious out of the way...you used ( +1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,

for Example long distance in canada or from USA,, Add (+1 or 1 ) in front of the any area code,
1416xxxxxxx,
or
+1416xxxxxxx,
both is will going through your call...

Good luck and enjoy the service.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@wyatttaylor08 

Is text and data working? In your self service account, is your account status active or suspended?  

Maybe try rebooting your phone.

Network reset of phone. 

You can also try to manually select 3G network in your phone settings, instead of Auto or LTE. 

wyatttaylor08

Need Help? Let's chat.