cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized data purchase

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

Anyone else had a similar "unauthorized" add on purchase occur? 

I logged into the bf's account to write down his referral code when I noticed the available funds were not right and checked the transaction history and a $5/200mb data add on is showing as "purchased"?!! 

Check the daily usage history to see in the first reported 12 hour block of data on the same date has 199.38mb of usage. He had already run out of data for the month and doesn't have a clue how to purchase any?

With all of the recent payment glitches with extra plan charges occurring two sometimes three times a month for some customers this adds a whole new glitch to pm's payment system. And unsettling that your account balance is at risk?

Top this all off with the inability to communicate with customer support via private messaging on this account I am admittedly getting a little hot under collar.

7 REPLIES 7

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious wrote:

Anyone else had a similar "unauthorized" add on purchase occur? 

Top this all off with the inability to communicate with customer support via private messaging on this account I am admittedly getting a little hot under collar.

Nope. All clear here.

I think PM 'likes' you considering how much rewards you earned so far 😋 so they want some $ back...

Are you sure his account is not compromised or he started to explore a little bit for himself and clicked few thing he is not supposed to?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious  - no, I don't see anything added without being authorized on my accounts.

Well, you can buy the 200mb addon by calling 611.

But, it asks you for the Account PIN to do so

So, is it possible your bf did this?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

No glitches.  Change the account password to a strong password and don't share with others.  If the self serve password is used with other online accounts, changes those passwords as well.  Always avoid repetitive use of the same password.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@darlicious   Maybe your BF learned something new and you don't know or don't want you to know?   🙂 

Just joking.  I don't think I saw complains like that before.  But yesterday , there was an interesting one about unauthorized charge as well.  It was about plan cycle renewed from automatic payment without Autopay enabled.  I don't think OP reported back whether it was his/her mistakes or PM's

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/Money-taken-without-permission/m-p/790208...

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HALIMACS 

No he really isn't that smart. Sadly.

@BKNS27 

I don't know what's worse the idiotic response I am getting from the CSA or the glitch. We haven't gotten to the glitch yet I'm still dealing with trying to restore my private messaging  but Ive been told be patient they are still working on it from last month!! They fixed it temporarily like they have previously in September, October, November, January and now in February the CSA wants to put no effort....be patient?!! That's not a virtue I'm going to work on today.

To contact customer support click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

To pre-verify your account include your full name, address, phone #, email  and 4 digit account #.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

How "sure" are you the bf didn't purchase it himself, @darlicious 

Ya think he didn't learn a few tricks from ya?

Just sayin

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@darlicious 

I hope it is just a glitch and not anything else…this is disturbing.

Need Help? Let's chat.