cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help

Travisbooy2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to switch my old public number to my new public number can anyone help me with this since I can't talk to anyone

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. Here's my interpretation... @Travisbooy2 : If you're needing to change your SIM card on your account due to losing it and/or the phone then you can do that in the self-serve using the Change Sim Card function.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@Travisbooy2 wrote:

I need to switch my old public number to my new public number can anyone help me with this since I can't talk to anyone

Can you please clarify your ask. What OLD number to what NEW number???

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Travisbooy2   Yes, if you meant you just join back PM and was looking for your old number back, then depends on where you number belongs to , you might have a chance

If you got your old number when you activated with PM last time, then yes, the number belongs to PM.  You can try to call the number and see if the number was taken already.  

If not, then go to My Account , Change Number and try to find the number back.  Just keep refresh for a new list of number to choose

No, PM support likely won't help to find the number for you.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Travisbooy2 

I am assuming that you stop payment for more than 90 days and your account was expired.

Carriers will release your old number for grabs after 90 days and it will be very slim that you can get it back.

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Travisbooy2 

The ONLY way this might be doable is if the "old public mobile number" isn't assigned to anyone and if you get a Customer Support Agent who is willing to do the legwork to get this old number for you.  Call the old number to see if anyone has it active.

Even with that, the old number would have to be a TELUS number.

It's worth a shot, but go into it with very low expectations.

Let us know how it turns out, please.

To contact a Customer Support Agent, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type Customer Support Agent, then select Contact Us, then select Other (or the topic that more closely matches your request).  Click the result which states Click here to submit a ticket and follow the prompts,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the Customer Support Agent by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Travisbooy2   Are there 2 different PM accounts with 2 different phone numbers and you want to swap them?  If that is the case, you won't be able to do that.  PM  no longer helps with swapping numbers between PM accounts

(Are you  thinking of porting out that "old" number , which currently on the old rewards system ?  You want to swap it to the new account and hence you can port out the old number without closing your old account on the old reward system?  Anyway, this cannot be done)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Travisbooy2 , I am not sure what you mean by switching your old Public Mobile number to the new Public Mobile number?  Are these two numbers in separate accounts?  If so, you cannot do it.  If you want to change a number in an existing account, you can port in a number from a different service or you can select a new number.  Both functions are done in the self serve account under number change.  Here is the associated help article. 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

Need Help? Let's chat.