cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make any calls while roaming in California

Mike256
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have the 50gb north American roaming plan.  Data and text work fine, but I am unable to make any voice calls, even to a California number.

6 REPLIES 6

Mike256

Thanks for the information. I can see that I have to upgrade my phone before I come to the USA again. For now I can use my daughter's phone. I don't have a lot of phone calls to make.

@Mike256 

The Moto One 5G Ace is not on the whitelist so that is probably why it doesn’t work.

HI @Mike256 

is yours a Moto One 5G Ace? if so, it is the sameas Moto G 5G, just a variant in US

Can you check if there is a VoLTE toggle that you can enable?  If so, turn it on and try again

Or did you try connect using T-Mobile and set your network mode to 2G?  you might be able to connect to the T-Mobile 2G network there

and if nothing works, you will need to use VoIP app like TextNow to make calls using the app. 

@Mike256 wrote:

My phone is a Motorola 5G Ace.  Where can I find the PM Whitelist?

Whitelist HERE

• Motorola Moto g 5G (S2SA32.1-54 & above)

Mike256

My phone is a Motorola 5G Ace.  Where can I find the PM Whitelist?

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @Mike256 

First, what phone do you have? Is it on the PM Whitelist ( VoLTE ). If it's not, the phone won't work there. But you can try the 2G via network settings. Try going into network settings, turn off automatic and try T-Mobile. And if you say data roaming is already turned on, then now reboot your phone. If T-Mobile doesn't work, try ATT and if needed Verizen. Reboot each time.

Need Help? Let's chat.