cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to make LOCAL Calls on Public Mobile. (Need LongDistance Addon)

atwab
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is a major issue, I am not able to make phone calls, and they don't even show as attempted on the usage history tab in "My Account" PS: I am on the Unlimited Provincial Talk Plan, and was stupid enough to pre-pay for 3 months... and I already talked to another carrier today, because there is no real time support with this company.... and I can't port my number, because it is blocked by Telus/Public Mobile....   I'm so not impressed.. My Aunt is in the hospital, and we have family coming in from out of town, and I can't call half of my family because they have 289-501 phone numbers.

I have tried to make phone calls to about 6 different numbers today and they are not going through...

Clearly there is an issue on Public Mobile's side, they have messed something up with call rating..

I am trying to call to 1-289-501-XXXX Numbers which are WIND Mobile Corp. in St. Catharines-Thorold.

My number is 1-289-690-XXXX on Public Mobile, and I'm in St. Catharines-Thorold.

I can call other customers of WIND Mobile Corp. in St. Catharines-Thorold, on their 1-289-990-XXXX numbers or any number that they ported over to WIND Mobile... and I can also call the other people on 1-289-501-XXXX from other phone lines.

This leads me to believe that it is a Call Rating Error on Public Mobile's Part.

11 REPLIES 11

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@deangaulton wrote:

Can someone contact me to get this resolved.  tks. 

If you are having the same issue, oyou have to contact public mobile.  You can do this by clicking question mark on the bottom right hand corner 

deangaulton
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can someone contact me to get this resolved.  tks. 

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
That is totally unacceptable, hopefully this is solved ASAP

doh13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a similar issue with the land line area code 902-745-XXXX and I was told it was because i was using a Koodo locked  phone but i can call other local landlines etc.. I also used the sim card in an unlocked phone with the same issue.  my friend has the same issue with the 902-745 area code and he has a brand new unlocked phone. After 5 or 6 back and forth basic (have you tried turning it off/on questions) I assured them that i have tried everything and that my phone does not seem to be at fault. I was then told that they have a tech working on the issue so if they fix it for me they may fix it for your area code as well. The area code  i am  calling in is remote and i am thinking that it could have something to do with it.

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Any news on this?

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @atwab,

It certainly looks like the problem is on the PM side.  Now that a community manager is involved,  @Terri_D,  hopefully your issue can be resolved quickly.  I understand the frustration with the current support model, and hopefully things can be improved with our feedback. 

One idea posted by @7789849803 speaks to the structural issue of phone support: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Public-Lab/Outbound-Phone-Support-for-Complex-Issues/i...

atwab
@youbme it has been happening consistently for over two days I didn't report it at first because I assumed that it would be a known issue and they would just correct it on their own.. although I knew that I was signing up for a budget brand and that Support might not be as forthcoming as I would expect from another carrier I had no idea it was going to be so difficult to actually get Support... in my original contact through the web form I was asked multiple questions in other questions I provided answers that should have help the person that contacted me number one identify my account and number two understand all the troubleshooting steps that I have already completed

Instead after 29 hours of emails back and forth this morning I was told to power cycle my phone....

I have worked in the cellular industry for over 15 years... I know where the problem lies and it is not my phone... especially since someone else has posted in another thread that they are experiencing the exact same issue that I'm having...

However to be sure that it wasn't just me I've taken my sim card out of my phone and place it into another unlocked Nexus 5 an attempted to call the telephone number only to be greeted with the same message that I do not have a long distance add on and I must have an ad on to be able to make this call..... then with the same phone I make a few other test calls and all of those calls go through... try the 289 - 501 number and it doesn't go through...

At first I believe that the issue Line with Wind Mobile who owns that prefix however upon testing I was able to call the 289-501 number, from a Telus cell phone, a Bell Cell Phone, and my home Land Line from Bell Canada.....

Terri_D
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@atwab,

I sent you a private message so I can assist.

Thank you,

Teri

youbme
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi @atwab, that is pretty ridiculous. Is the problem happening consistently work the same numbers or a bit random? I ask because i wonder if a US cell tower is interfering.

As @makkahn28 mentioned,  contact PM right away.  It can take up to 48 hours for a resolution,  so if there is no response or resolution by then,  please come back here and let us know.

Please keep us updated and hopefully things get up and running soon.

atwab
Thank you for responding. 🙂

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

Hi. Send PM an email of this, and within 48 business hrs, they'll respond back with a resolution.

Need Help? Let's chat.