cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to connect in the US

JG20
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Switched to the US-CAN plan and am currently in Florida and have no service... Followed all directions given by support but still can't register on a network.  Using a Samsung Galaxy A04... Tech support has escalated but they say it will take up to 3-4 days for someone to get back to me... My vacation will be over before anyone gets back to me and I am paying for no cell service since Friday... Can anyone help?

9 REPLIES 9

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Make sure to turn data roaming on (in your device settings). You also should force your phone to 4G vs 5G, but I don't believe that device has 5G capabilities anyway, so probably a moot point.

Bill9202

With a Samsung try changing from the 5g to a weaker tower. Worked for someone I know that had a Samsung.

Bill9202

Hi we were recently in Florida and I had some issues too. I have an Apple so might not be the same issue but I went into settings and change the cell provider from auto. I changed to T-Mobile and I had no more problems. It seemed to keep changing wanting to change to a different company.Hopes this helps.

JG20

Tried all those steps but unfortunately it didn't work 😞

pleblanc925
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My father had same problem that you today in Florida. They enable automatic, et disable it.. and choose T-Mobile again, and that's worked. He tried to reboot cellphone and eject SIM card et insert again.

JG20

Yes... Kissimmee Florida 

@JG20 so, you were trying to manually connect and not rely on Automatic network connection??

which city and state you are at??

JG20

I did but both say unable to register to network 

@JG20 wrote:

Switched to the US-CAN plan and am currently in Florida and have no service... Followed all directions given by support but still can't register on a network.  Using a Samsung Galaxy A04... Tech support has escalated but they say it will take up to 3-4 days for someone to get back to me... My vacation will be over before anyone gets back to me and I am paying for no cell service since Friday... Can anyone help?

Please try to mannually choose either the AT&T or T-Mobile network to see if that works.

Need Help? Let's chat.