Did you mean: 

Unable to activate my new sim card and subscribe plan

MichaelShen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The website or app keeps throwing error code XXX or "something went wrong"

10 REPLIES 10

kavyacee

Did you try subscribing through the app? Worked for me when this was popping up. 

@MichaelShen  Yes very sorry I just got your thread and another mixed up when replying so sorry for my confusion .but here with @softech  your in good hands and will give you the best possible advice

And I also edited my last two responses accordingly 

MichaelShen

I am trying to switch to Public Mobile so I don't have eSIM with Public Mobile. I am just trying to activate my new SIM card so that I can subscribe to a plan.

MichaelShen

I also tried uninstall the app. still not working.

MichaelShen

I tried both the App and website. None of them worked. 

In the app, it won't even let me pass the Select SIM page, doesn't matter which option I picked:  "Order a SIM card" or "I already have a SIM card", it just throws out Error, something went wrong. Please try again.

@MichaelShen 

are you using app?

if you are not, please use the app and let us know which step you stuck at

if you are already using app, try to uninstall and reinstall the app and re-try

MichaelShen

I am not swapping sim card or number. I cannot even activate the new sim card.

MichaelShen_0-1693934239290.png

MichaelShen

I just got the regular sim card yesterday from store. I tried to activate it through website, but keeps throwing error even it says it's a valid sim card.

In the app, in Select SIM page, doesn't matter which option I picked (Order a Sim Card or I already have a SIM card) it just throws out an error: Error, Something went wrong, please try again.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MichaelShen  Just use the app to complete  activation and maybe first try uninstalling it and re install it see if that helps at all 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@MichaelShen 

was that eSIM?   Did you get to the eSIM installation step?   Either the app will ask for your permission to do it for you automatically, or you will get a QR code to install yourself. 

If you missed the step or it was that step giving you the error, there is a QR code in your Welcome email.  Open it from a computer, or another device, then use your phone to scan it to install the eSIM profile on your phone

Once you installed the eSIM profile, (or If you got passed that step),  try to reboot your phone once.  

If it still does not connect and if you have another active sim on the phone , disable them (eSIM/Physica sim) using the SIM Manager on the phone or remove the physical sim.  
And make sure the one associated with PM sim and your phone number is enabled (On iPhone, "Turn on This Line" under Settings->Cellular).
Then click Reset All Networks on your phone and it will work.  (Please note that Reset all Networks will also erase your saved Wifi and Bluetoosh connections, but you just need to add them back after). Also, it is possible you have to reset it multiple times for it to work.

if it still does not work, please open ticket with PM support

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.