cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA with roaming on, calls going straight to voicemail and can't make voice calls

reinibou
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I purchased the $20 for 10 day USA roaming add-on. While it is working for data and texts, it isn't working for calls. Anybody who calls me (from their USA numbers) tell me the connection goes straight to voicemail. This happened last time I used this add-on, too! I tried to phone a Canadian number from here - silence then eventually it hangs up (no rings). Tried to phone a USA number and got a "no mobile network for voice" message. Weirdly, tried the same USA number 5 minutes later, and it went through. What is going on and how can I make it just... work?

3 REPLIES 3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@reinibou

Try restarting your phone should help you connect to the correct network.

Also try perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Yeah the first thing that came to mind is the 3G issue, it seems very hit and miss, an alternative may be the best route to go with all that uncertainty, especially if yiu had issues with the same add on before. 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @reinibou   are  you connecting to T-Mobile or AT&T?  try both and see which one works for voice.  AT&T is shutting down 3G and it could affect voice in area that they already  turned off 3G.  But T-Mobile should still have 3G coverage.  Anyway, try both

Need Help? Let's chat.