cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really upset. Provider temporarily disconnected my simcard

Moth_fae
New Neighbour / Nouveau Voisin

I only use it for appointments and to call my boyfriend. Its paid and without warning while studying on call it dropped and I got a warning notification saying "Simcard temporarily disconnected by provider" nothing else, and it only pops up whenever I try to call. Im pretty annoyed why is it in situations like this is so hard to reach someone when they can take away service without even giving an explanation? My account is still active, my sim card is fine, and Ive never had this issue before. I tried restarting my phone, taking out the simcard and putting it back in, etc etc. 

Help

4 REPLIES 4

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Moth_fae  - well, at least the message says 'temporarily'. My guess is just a network issue.

Could it be a faulty SIM? You could try cleaning the contact points of the SIM card and reinserting it. Also try the SIM into another phone if you are still having issues.

Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings.

This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, and VPN and APN settings that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

If issues persist, submit a ticket to CSA for assistance.

To contact the Public Mobile Customer Support Agent (CSA)_Team, there are two methods to reach them found here:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/contact-an-agent

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Moth_fae   Did you login to My Account and what is it showing for Status?  If it is Active, then it is no problem, would be something else

Try to at least reseat the SIM

Or better if you have another phone, put your PM SIM there and check if it works

Or get away from where you are now, maybe drive 5 mins, and try calling.  Maybe it is just a network issue with where you are now

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

I had a blink of one of those notifications just earlier. I have seen it on very rare occasions. Is everything working fine now?

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Sounds fishy alright. Try cycling Airplane mode ON then OFF.

Never heard of this happening without some warning.

edit...if you have a dual sim phone..try the other sim slot.

Possibly a Telus outage in your area, has caused this. See if you're in an area of concern.

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Let us know if anything helps.

Need Help? Let's chat.