cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USA 1000 minutes

donna6
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yesterday I purchased 1000 minutes USA calling.  I called California and then checked my usage and found the minutes were not charged to the 1000 minutes USA but were charged to my plan minutes.  This does not make sense to me, I thought a long distance call to the USA would be charge to the 1000 minutes, that is why I purchased it.

14 REPLIES 14

Screenshots are always the best rather than everybody asking every kind of question.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

Great suggestion, I think a screenshot (with personal info blacked out) would go a long way to make sense of this and get pointed in the right direction

HI @donna6   Thanks for clarifying.  So, those are 2 different  topics then

1.  For Roaming , you said additional charge, can you tell how much shows on your credit card (that would be a after tax amount)

Then can you go to Transaction history in My Account ,  go to Feb/Mar/April and check the transactions there (those would be amount BEFORE tax)? Maybe post a screenshot?

2. For your 1000 US long distance, can you to to My Account and post us a screenshot of My Data & Add-ons?  would like to see what add-ons you  have now

(just make sure no personal info in the screenshots )

thanks

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@donna6    Are you sure that PM's gifted holiday LD minutes were not instead being used for those calls if you still had remaining minutes from those add-ons?  Y

You've been a member since 2020 so you should have received last two years of holidays gifts of data and LD minutes which also allow for calls to be made to the US.

donna6

Yes, I bought both the USA roaming while in Palm Springs.  That was in February, March and April.  I had additional charges and I do not know why?  I am trying to understand it.

Also, yes.  Yesterday, in May while at home in Canada, I bought the 1000 USA minutes and called California.  I am just trying to understand how this works.

donna6

Yes, I have two posts.  I had a problem with roaming while in California.  I have used USA roaming before without any problems.  This year, I bought the roaming while I was in Palm Springs.  I checked my plan to ensure the roaming was added on, it was and then called home to Canada.  Later I had two charges on my credit card that were not the amount of roaming.  A few days later, I called Canada again and also had a charge on my credit card.  I did call local Palm Springs numbers while in Palm Springs and it seemed to be okay.  I have used USA roaming before and had no problems it was excellent. Previously, I called home in Canada and local calls in Palm Springs and had no problems.  I do not understand what happened but I need answers because I will be returning to Palm Springs and I do not want to run up expenses on phone charges.

My second question was regarding USA 1000 long distance minutes.  Yesterday, I bought 1000 USA long distance minutes.  I checked my plan to ensure the 1000 minutes were added before I made the call to California.  The minutes were added I made a 39 minute call to California and then I went back into my plan to check.  The call minutes were deducted from my plan minutes, not my USA long distance minutes.  I need to know how the minutes work because I thought I would be using the USA minutes

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

Did you buy this?

Yummy_0-1652807041385.png

This is for calling US while you are in Canada. US roaming is for use while being in US

Yummy_1-1652807097185.png

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@donna6 

That would be a good thing wouldn't it? I wonder if it would charge the $5/500min add on? Canada wide minutes are $0.01/min vs US $0.015/min.

To contact customer support : Submit a support ticket via SIMon the chat bot Click here 

Or if you cannot submit a ticket via SIMon then Click here   ....for additional member supplied info.

HI @donna6 

I see you have another post about Roaming.  Are you talking about Roaming or calls to USA from Canada?

The 1000 minutes are to be used when you call FROM Canada, not to be use when you are in USA and calling

donna6

I was able to make the call but I was charge on my plan minutes.  I checked my minutes before I made the call to ensure the 1000 USA minutes were on the plan.  The minutes were charged to my monthly plan.

donna6

No I am on the $15 dollar plan.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI@donna6   You were able to make the call?

do you  still have the  Long Distance bonus from last Christmas?    Maybe you are using those Long Distance minutes instead of your USA calling minutes

and you are on $15 plan?

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@donna6 

What plan are you on? $50 and higher on the current plans include US calling from Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.