cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US talk text roaming add on

Dano2
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! I purchased a US talk, text 250mb data roaming addon and can not get it to work. The area I am in in Alaska has service from AT&T but my phone will not connect to their network. I have done everything the site says to check the apn settings and still no go. Ready to give up trying!  Help!!!!

edited by computergeek541: miscategorized, not related to "community"

18 REPLIES 18

Dano2

Thanks softech!!

Dano2

Thanks RossN!

@Dano2   I guess you have to open ticket with them and ask for refund

But yes, Alaska seems to be a tricky states , most people cannot use their roaming there

Dano2

Thanks Yummy!!!!

Dano2

Data roaming was enabled. Still nothing. It has an error message saying cannot connect to network.

Dano2

Yes GCI is available here. I am in Soldotna.

Dano2

Cant do anything with the phone!

Dano2

No T- Mobile being detected here.

Dano2

Thanks! I am half way through my trip already! I will ask for a refund!

@Dano2 wrote:

I can see AT&T but not T-Mobile. I have tried to connect to AT&T but no go.

@Dano2   AT&T should give you access to data but not voice.  Make sure your Roaming Data is enabled

Dano2

I have tried rebooting the phone more than once but havent tried taking the simm card out.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dano2   and do you see GCI in the available network?  They partner with T-Mobile, you can try (although I doubt it would work)

And which city are you at now?  So far, these are the cities reported that are not working:

Fairbanks, Anchorage, North Pole

but someone said this one work: Ketchikan  

Dano2

I can see AT&T but not T-Mobile. I have tried to connect to AT&T but no go.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

A lot of people have issue when in Alaska.

I guess network is not that great there. If you did everything as expected: added $ to account, bought add-on, CAN see US add-on on your account, tried manually to connect to US network, rebooted phone... I do not see what else can be done.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting the phone first.

Take sim out...then re-install.

Can you successfully send texts ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Dano2   There has been many reports about unable to get roaming working in Alaska. 

Is that true that with manual connection, you see neither T-Mobile nor AT&T?  I am afraid it is because of the 3G shutdown and therefore no one can connect,

You likely have to open ticket with Pm Support to request for a reverse of the transaction

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply you there

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@Dano2    Are you able to manually select T-Mobile instead?  However, roaming does seem to be an issue with US carriers shutting down the 3G network. 

RossN
Mayor / Maire

@Dano2 hi service is very poor in alaska ATandT has completley shut down there 3g for talk if it doesn't work ask for a refund 

contact a cs agent 

1.  you can open a ticket through Simon here https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

2. alternatively you can private message them here

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

check your community envelope for a reply

Need Help? Let's chat.