cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US roaming charges-US roaming package

wbg13
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen
If I am travelling outside of Canada and I don't buy PM's talk/text US roaming package - will I have any cellular service...will any calls come through even to voice message and will these voice messages be charged a roaming fee?  
Also if I am connected to wifi will I still get texts and will I be charged a roaming fee for getting texts across wifi?  
4 REPLIES 4

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Watch that text definition. If you have an iphone or use a non-SMS app then you can still use their systems as long as you're connected to wifi or other cell data. But not the standard SMS texting from either other than receiving in the US.

The system will see that the phone is unreachable which will use that option to forward to your voicemail. People can still leave voicemails.

There are no extra costs anywhere here.

hycm53
Mayor / Maire

@wbg13 wrote:
If I am travelling outside of Canada and I don't buy PM's talk/text US roaming package - will I have any cellular service...will any calls come through even to voice message and will these voice messages be charged a roaming fee?  
Also if I am connected to wifi will I still get texts and will I be charged a roaming fee for getting texts across wifi?  

"will I have any cellular service" : No, you won't have any cellular service until you have US talk and text add on.

"will any calls come through even to voice message": No.

"will these voice messages be charged a roaming fee": No.

"will I still get texts": Yes, you'll get texts but you can't send text.

will I be charged a roaming fee for getting texts across wifi?": No.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@wbg13 - there will be no roaming fees, never anything extra charged to you that you already haven't paid for here. 🙂

If you are in the USA, you may be able to receive texts (if your account is active), but not send any or receive/make any calls.

No data can be used without addons in USA. No problem with using wifi on your phone through wifi areas.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@wbg13 @Public mobile only works in Canada and the US ( with addons )

Need Help? Let's chat.