cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US data

mmikhaila
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
  • @CS_Agentin our Community
    I have a subscription that is supposed to include US data but I am in the US and I can text and call but my data is not working.  I am using an eSim card on an iPhone 13.  I have already tried turning roaming on but that option is not available.  I have toggled to Airplane mode and back again and I have tried restarting my phone.
20 REPLIES 20

JRod
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

That’s okay! I’m just happy that it got their service working again. That’s most important

JRod

Happy to hear it’s working for you! Enjoy your time in the US! 

HI @MetaMorpheusMob 

yes, supposed to be both T-Mobile and AT&T .  But AT&T has not been working for more than a year.  Just last week , someone said AT&T working again.  I just want to confirm.

hi @mmikhaila  in the end , you are using TMobile?

mmikhaila

As a follow up to this as well I forced my phone to the LTE network and it worked better than the 5G network.  My two other people with me who have the same plan also had to switch to the LTE network.

mmikhaila

Ok thanks I found where you were talking about and it was off I’ll work from there and try restarting.

@mmikhaila wrote:

I have a subscription that is supposed to include US data but I am in the US and I can text and call but my data is not working.   eSim card on an iPhone 13.  I have already tried turning roaming on but that option is not available.  

HI @mmikhaila 

you need to find an Apple store around, there is no reason that option not available  ..

thanks @MetaMorpheusMob 

@mmikhaila  

you have roaming data here?

From the Home screen, tap Settings. Tap Cellular. Tap Cellular Data Options. Tap or slide the Data Roaming switch to ON

hi @mmikhaila  what phone do you have?

JRod

@mmikhaila 

Are you going into the deeper menu to find the data roaming toggle? If you go to Settings, Cellular, then click on your phone number in the SIMs section it should bring you to further menu’s and Data Roaming can be found there on the lower half of the screen. 

Or is the option not clickable for you? 

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @mmikhaila 

what is roaming not available? is the option greyed out? you need it enabled to use roaming data

mmikhaila

Michigan

mmikhaila

IMG_1904.png

mmikhaila

I purchased a Canada US plan.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@mmikhaila 

in iPhone Settings / Cellular / Cellular Data Options / ..make certain Roaming On is showing.

Do you have the Canada & US plan or did you buy a US Roaming add-on ?

JRod

Editing my comment to reflect this. Thanks 🙂 

mmikhaila

I tried that and it did not work.  Do you have any other suggestions?

@JRod wrote:

Hello @mmikhaila 

If you go into network selection, turn off automatic and try manually selecting Public Mobile or T-Mobile then reboot. 

When it the U.S., there wouldn't be any Public Mobile network to select.

JRod

Hello @mmikhaila 

If you go into network selection, turn off automatic and try manually selecting T-Mobile then reboot. 

@mmikhaila wrote:
  • I have a subscription that is supposed to include US data but I am in the US and I can text and call but my data is not working.  I am using an eSim card on an iPhone 13.  I have already tried turning roaming on but that option is not available.  I have toggle to Airplane mode and back again and I have tried restarting my phone.

My suggestion woudl be to try manually connecting to the T-Mobile network.  The AT&T network is known to cause issues for Public Mobile cusotmers.

Need Help? Let's chat.