cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kafka reborn: Public Mobile charged me $, errored on signup, and no way to make a ticket or proceed?

CharlesHenry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I'm signing up for Public Mobile:

1. At the page where they ask for me credit card info, I gave my info, I clicked 'charge', got a long pause, and then got a notice from my Credit card/ Apple pay that Public Mobile had indeed charged me.

2. The next message was an error. To its credit, the error told me it had charged me money, but something was wrong and to "make a ticket".

3. When I tried to make a ticket, it asked me to log in, but the username and password I gave didn't work. When I tried to find my email, no account was found.

When I tried to get customer service, I got a chatbot that kept circling me back to making a ticket -> signing in -> not getting an account -> go to the chat -> make a ticket -> sign in -> not get an account....

So I thought, not having customer service wasn't a big deal. But I guess signing up is a big problem and starts me down a surrealist Kafka-esque loop.

What can I do to help? Haaalp!

6 REPLIES 6

CharlesHenry

Ok, your suggestion seems great! I did ask for the QR code, and the agent got me one after a few more questions.

I seem to have service right now.

The agent and the community here seem to be pretty good and effective.

I hope the snafus end now.

HI @CharlesHenry 

maybe just one more step

you are at Step 6 of 6 already, so, you were able to login the app in the end?

reply the agent and ask them to send you the QR code.  You can then scan it and install the eSIM yourself.  This might be the last step 

CharlesHenry

Despite the request, I can't get to a screenshot of payment.

There's been multiple steps here where I have had to fight through, it sort of feels like doing my taxes to login.

This is sort of a nightmare, like the process and app was designed and created by someone actively trying to destroy this company from the inside.

I hope I get refunded or I will go to a newspaper or something.

CharlesHenry

I think the agent is trying but things aren't going great. They were confused whether the email (I logged in and confirmed in multiple places) was "real". See below.

CharlesHenry_0-1692466879532.png

CharlesHenry

Ok hopefully this is fixed! 

CharlesHenry

CharlesHenry_0-1692417321951.png

CharlesHenry_1-1692417332746.png

CharlesHenry_2-1692417340282.png

CharlesHenry_3-1692417349306.png

CharlesHenry_4-1692417354553.png

1. It's kafka, see above.

2. The link to "create a ticket" goes to this chatbot thing. Why....why....would you do that? It's the same link as "chat".

3. It would be better if they said there was no support available right now, there's no indication of an agent.

BONUS: Why would you get the stage of charging my credit card but not create my user account? I can't sign-in and it won't recognize my email.

Need Help? Let's chat.