cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming not working

DPTeich
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

IPhone- T-mobile in Washington state…
Bought a 15 day plan and roaming not working, only text. It looks like it may have worked for a few minutes at some point (small amount of data use showing, likely email downloads ) Text is working . Restarted phone, checked all the various buttons and all looks right.

9 REPLIES 9

It's that the US turned off the UMTS (3G) networks that we use here for talk. And your phone is probably too old now for volte so the only way to use talk is through their old 2G GSM. And yes phones seem to not be able to manually switch down to it anymore as you're seeing.

But again, text and data should work fine on 4G LTE as long as you're in a coverage area.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

I use T-Mobile roaming in WA regularity, and never had an issue.

Is your data roaming enabled on your phone? Are you connected to TMobile? Are you set on 3G, 4G, or 5G in your network settings on your phone? Make sure you pick 4G or 5G, not 3G. Did the roaming add-on purchase actually complete?

You may have an issue with phone calls if your phone/line isn't VoLTE enabled, as the US doesn't have a 3G network.

DPTeich

Right , iMessage, I’ll turn off and check. Is PM really this bad? I’m a 3G phone or LTE. An iPhone 6s.

LTE = 4G. Are you getting any bars of reception? I do wonder if you're on volte yet. That's for talk. The phone should be able to automatically switch down to 2G GSM as needed but sometimes it has to be switched manually. LTE should be fine for data and text as long as you're in a coverage area.

@DPTeich  We are just customers like you trying to help . You need to submit ticket with support to see if they can compensate you 

private message   To CS_Agents click          

VVVVV      Link below    VVVVV

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

DPTeich

so, I can only use LTE or 3g on my phone. And only text works when there’s no wifi. Can I get a refund on m roaming plan?

DPTeich

Don’t have ability to switch to 2g or 4g and LTE is working 

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is that real sms text or imessage? For data make sure data roaming is on and of course cell data. Do you know if the phone has been enabled for volte? Is your phone set to 4G LTE? Do you also see a setting for 2G GSM?

But coverage can always vary as it does with all providers.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@DPTeich  Washington state can be hit or miss . Just make sure you’re connected to T mobile and reboot the phone . And test in different areas . Is all you can do . And make sure you enable voLTE . If the setting is there in your phone 

Need Help? Let's chat.