cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US Roaming lasts only 15 days?

HenryP1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Does this mean that If I am going to the US this weekend I have to purchase a US Roaming add on, but if I am also going to the USA next month, I have to AGAIN purchase an add on? does the add on expire every 15 days and have to be repurchased constantly? or What?

15 REPLIES 15

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@HenryP1 

When you purchase a US Roaming, it will start once you make the purchase and will only last 360 hours from the time of purchase.

It will not carry over on unused time.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@HenryP1 

How often do you travel to the US?

@dust2dust wrote:

@Meow- It would be interesting to find out if this roaming change "fixes" that delay problem.

I hope we will get some feedback from those who use US add-ons.

@dust2dust Hi I see that now , thanks for bringing that to my attention 

@CountyDownIeUk- They need to implement VoLTE on the base home system first. I bought a US service sim and activated and bam there were the volte and even vowifi options lit up on my settings.

Adding - ...for that sim.

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Nice to see the changes in the USA add ons. But is still hit and miss with the elimination of 3G in USA. Why in the heck didn’t they make a 4G  USA add on??

@Meow- It would be interesting to find out if this roaming change "fixes" that delay problem.

@HenryP1- If you do need it past the expiry then you can also ask support to re-buy it for you. Or you can buy the other bundle after expiry and maybe also buy the separate data add-ons if you like. But so far as we currently know, you can't buy the same add-on.

Meow
Mayor / Maire

US add-on starts immediately after purchase so do not buy it days in advance.

It used to be 10 days so 15 days is 50% increase!

After 15 days of usage yo have to wait 24 hours before purchasing another US add-on.

The roaming here is actually one of the better deals among providers if even offered. Have you seen those rates for ONE day of roaming elsewhere? Some other providers don't even offer any roaming options.

@Outdoorsman- Roaming stuff very recently changed.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

Hi @HenryP1 they have actually just lengthen it from 10 days to 15

if you go there long, it is better to use local data s8m instead.   Then use VoIP app like Textnow for voice call and text

@HenryP1 @You would yes if the 15 days is up by the time you head there again 

Outdoorsman
Mayor / Maire

@HenryP1 hi actually it only lasts 10 days from the moment you purchase it 

HenryP1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

But then it ends in 15 days, and I have to repurchase it every time I travel outside of canada right?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@HenryP1 @It starts as soon as it’s purchased 

yes it expires after 15 days so you will need to add it again next month 

Need Help? Let's chat.