Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

US/CAN Talk and text plan

serg3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IMG_0545.jpeg

IMG_0544.jpeg

Hi what’s the difference between these two plans

one i got during the promo the other is a dollar more but does it include talk and text in the states (call from the states, text sms , etc?)

Current plan i got notifications about addon so i assume that’s not included my current plan ONLY DATA

the fine print shares the same so the “ canada AND US” equals to “ canada-US wide” which is my current plan

sounds like public mobile is using a twist on words to trick you into thinking you got call and text in the states for free

15 REPLIES 15

HI @serg3 

without or without VoLTE , there is no extra charge at all when using your service in US since you have Canada-US plan

and what phone you have? if you have a whitelisted phone , you can use VoLTE for voice.  If not, you will have to use T-Mobile's 2G for voice, which is harder to connect

@serg3 You won't get charged extra either way. This is a prepaid service, so it either works or it doesn't.

VoLTE is only required for PHONE CALLS, per the link I provided. This is because the US shut their 3G networks down, so there is no fallback to 3G for phone calls, meaning that your need a VoLTE capable device.

SMS and data aren't impacted by this.

What phone are you using?

serg3

so i need to be voLTE in order to do sms and call? text/call? through whatever service provider im connecting to? or will i not get charged because voLTE is calling through data, not the same … using my data in US not the calling 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Both are full Canada/US plans, including data, text, and calling. Unless you need the 100 long distance minutes, don't pay $1 more to get slower 4G service (vs 5G on your current plan) for the same amount of data.

And yes, you can make phone calls in the US with your current plan, assuming your have a VoLTE device.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/volte

HI @serg3 

the T&C is a one template for all plans, so not all terms apply to your plan

but overall, you can use data in US for internet, iMessgae, facetime, streaming, no need to avoid.

And PM is prepaid provider, so, you won't get charged for things you didn't "buy" ahead

@serg3 wrote:

i see

but the terms and conditions has me suspicious

so i’ve been avoiding using phone in usa aside from data and imessage facetime etc

There is one very important fact you seem to be forgetting. Public Mobile is a PRE PAID service. Meaning you pre pay for what you want. Since you have a Canada US plan, you've paid to use your phone in the US. You will NEVER be charged extra for any reason. No roaming fees, no going over data limits.... NOTHING! 🙂

I've had the Canada/US plans before with Public Mobile and I used it like I was at home with no issues. 

serg3

i see

but the terms and conditions has me suspicious

so i’ve been avoiding using phone in usa aside from data and imessage facetime etc

Oh. I see. The difference is you get 100 China calling minutes for $1 more along with other LD. They are both Canada US plans. And one plan is 4G and the other is 5G. 

HI @serg3 

both are Canada-US Plans, 

the $35 has a LD included for calling those couple countries, but only 4G speed (So, your old $34 plan as 5G)

If you don't need to call those countries, $34 plan is the better one

serg3

i see one plan say use the “-“ while other says “and”,

the “-“ one says it needs to be calls/texts made from canada to be 

but new an for 35 says it’s “and” but still uses same terms and conditions as “-“ plan

serg3

sorry

thought i attached the photos, updated 

and replied elsewhere 

serg3

sorry

thought i attached the photos, updated 

it doesn’t, my plan says i need to make calls from canada to states to be fine, plus i get texts on adding minutes when i enter

Meow
Mayor / Maire

WHICH two plans you are talking about?????

Every USA/Canada plan have everything unlimited. Only difference is data.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @serg3 

i would guess yours is a full Canada-US plan.

but can you show us what plan you have now? Check your My Account -> Subscription & Add-on page and it should show you the plan details

and show us the plan you said $1 difference

Sometimes, PM offer 2 same plans but with slight price difference

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hey @serg3 

Which plans are you speaking of?

Any plans that's Canada/US basically means you can use Public Mobile in both countries with no extra fees. Basically use your phone like you were at home.

Need Help? Let's chat.