cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

URGENT - eSIM: Never received activation email

Kyo
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello,

I am a new PM customer and I am having a trouble activating the eSIM.

Everything was going well until I got to the activation step on my phone (w/ number porting). After I entered all of my information for number transferring, the app notified me that the activation failed and to contact the chatbot. However, I also noticed that I received text messages from a) TELUS (old provider) asked if I wanted to port my number, and b) Public Mobile welcoming me.

Furthermore, in my self-serve page online, it seems like my phone number did get ported and the subscription is now active. However, since the app never got to the point where it asks me to install the eSIM, I never got the chance to do so. Which means now I have no service on my phone, since my old provider has already cut the service, and I can't access PM service since eSIM has not been activated.

Upon researching, it also seems like I was supposed to get a welcome email with the eSIM QR code which lets me install eSIM in case of something like this happens, but as far as I know, I have not received anything from PM other than the initial "Thank you for your purchase" email.

Is it possible to send the activation email so I can install my eSIM? Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Kyo

As a final update, I contacted CS_Agent and they were able to provide me with a QR code. Thank you everyone for suggestion!

Kyo

Unfortunately, I did not receive anything, even in the spam folder. I appreciate the suggestion and I have already contact CS Agent in hopes of them helping me.

@Kyo 

Check the "activation summary email" from spam folder box. 

Worst case , open ticket with support by messaging them and they can resend it and you can then manually install:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

@Priority  what is the subject line of that activation summary email ?

Kyo

Right. The problem is that I have never received that "Welcome to Public Mobile" email.

Priority
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I recently made a Post of the full e-SIM Installation Walk-through if it helps any. 

The e-SIM QR Code has been included in all my 'Welcome to Public Mobile' emails, for the ones I've activated on e-SIM. I missed it when I looked the first time, but it is indeed there on the email under your Friend Referral Code.Screenshot_20230727_042537_Gmail.jpghttps://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Get-Support/e-SIM-Activation/td-p/1020154

Kyo

Hi,

I did reply with YES to complete the porting process. My account with the old provider confirms this. However, I did not receive a eSIM QR code email, hence this post. I did contact a CS_Agent to see if they can help me out. Thank you

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kyo 

Did you reply to the text with YES to complete the porting process? There is a 90 minute window for you to reply…if you missed this step then porting will be in limbo.

If you missed this step then you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process by private messaging them on your computer. I also have the number for the Porting department if you need it. Their hours are 9:00am to 11:00pm EST so you can submit a pm to them and they will get back to you in the morning.

If you did reply, you should also got an email with the eSIM QR code. You can scan the code to activate the eSIM then reboot your phone by powering off the phone then power back on.

Need Help? Let's chat.