cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

U.S. 5G Roaming with AT&T does work

colleeno
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

For information purposes:

I have a Canada-US plan and I am currently driving through Northern Michigan. I have an iPhone 12 and I have my network selection set to Automatic. I want to confirm that 5G works with both AT&T and T-Mobile. Verizon was recently added as a PM roaming partner but I can’t connect to it with 5G or 4G.

11 REPLIES 11

@hTideGnow In Bellingham right now and AT&T 5G is working! For the moment anyway. Speed not great, but that's likely because I'm in Costco.

I wasn't able to even connect to Verizon, but I can try again in a different area.

1000014756.jpg

1000014765.jpg

1000014762.jpg

Edit: No go with Verizon, but AT&T 5G continued to work, and was the default connection during my couple hour trip.

1000014770.jpg

1000014768.jpg

thanks for testing @colleeno 

and @DennyCrane , let us know if you have luck with Verizon.

colleeno

@colleeno 🤔, I haven't seen that, and it would appear from your experience to not be true. I'll test it myself this weekend too, but to my knowledge Verizon still isn't a Public Mobile roaming partner.

colleeno

@DennyCrane It’s something new I think. I have seen it mentioned recently in this Community. @hTideGnow said it can be found on the Help page. 

@colleeno What makes you think Verizon is a roaming partner then? I know they are on Telus, but had not been on Public Mobile. Was something communicated about this?

colleeno

@hTideGnow I did try to connect to Verizon without success. 

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

Thank you. I'm going down this weekend so I'll do some testing too.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Nice to see the 5G works on both AT&T and T-Mobile.  I wonder if the addition of Verizon is still work in progress and the help article got ahead of its skiis.  

CharlieWhisky
Mayor / Maire

Great, thanks for info!

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

thanks @colleeno for confirming.

can you try Verizon?  I saw people talked about PM added Verizon, and the Help page also showing that

Need Help? Let's chat.