cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation of Identity.

ATanya
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
I have opened a new line and I put in a new SIM card and now it gives me this message. 
"A 6 digit code associated with your EverSafe ID will be sent to
phone number. We will need you to confirm this number."
I send the code for identification, however, I don't get any code on the number.
Also, I can call the other person but I can't receive calls to my phone.
As well, my messages don't go through. Imessage does not work anymore on their phone even when I have turned it on in settings. 
Does anyone know what to do?
Thank you!
8 REPLIES 8

Boby_Desuza
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I can't definitively confirm your identity as I cannot access any personal information you haven't shared during this conversation. However, I can help you with some methods commonly used for identity confirmation depending on the context:-

Here are some ways identity confirmation is done online:-

1. Knowledge-Based Authentication (KBA):- This method verifies your identity by asking questions about yourself that only you would likely know, based on information in your account or credit history.
  2. Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA):- This adds an extra layer of security by requiring a second verification factor in addition to your password, such as a code sent to your phone or a fingerprint scan.
  3. Document Verification:- Some platforms might require uploading government-issued IDs or other documents to confirm your identity.

In the physical world, some common methods of identity confirmation include:-

1. Showing Photo ID:- Driver's licenses, passports, or other government-issued IDs with photos are often used for identity verification.
  2. Biometric Verification:- Fingerprint scanners, facial recognition systems, or iris scans can be used to confirm your identity based on unique physical characteristics.

ATanya

Thank you everybody! 

@ATanya 

If the old SIM still works then porting was not completed. See if the text came in confirming are porting over to PM with YES.

If it passed the 90 minute window, contact an agent to have your old carrier resend the text so you can confirm.

hi @ATanya 

sound like the number not ported yet.  But check with PM porting support team and confirm.   I will send you the number to PM Porting support team  Please check your community inbox

ATanya

The number is transferred from a different mobile carrier. I can make outbound calls, but I can't receive any calls and messages.

ATanya

Yes, the number is from a different mobile carrier. I didn't respond "yes", because the SIM was exchanged. I've checked now the previous line is still working. To repeat the request of transfer from the old carrier account do I have to call them or is it possible to send the request online again?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

hi @ATanya is that mew account with number to port in or you got new number??

and can you make outbound calls with your PM sim card??

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@ATanya 

Did you port your number from a different mobile carrier?  If you did port over, did you respond "yes" to your old carrier port request confirmation text?  Do you still have your old carrier SIM card?  Try re-insert to see if your old carrier account is still working. 

Need Help? Let's chat.