cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you please delete this account?

Blinkeek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Private messaging doesn't work. Fortunately, I was able to recover my old account (this was created solely to help retrieve it).

Thank you in advance,

Mike

6 REPLIES 6

Blinkeek
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

After reading through your responses and familiarizing myself with the website, I am going to keep my account open. This is a very helpful community.

Thank you!

xiv
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Hi @Blinkeek 

Other peoples' answers do have merit, but don't really go to the root of your questions.

Here is how to reactivate Private Messaging in your Community profile.

Step 1 - Get to your account settings

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-16 à 13.21.40.png

Step 2- Access your forum Preferences

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-16 à 13.22.35.png

Step 3- Access your Private Messaging options

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-16 à 13.23.17.png

Step 4- Make sure the checkbox for Private Messaging is enabled, then click the "Save" button.

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-16 à 13.23.48.png

After doing that, you will be able to see the envelope icon in the top part of your screen. You click on it to access the messaging feature from where you will send your messages to @CS_Agent.

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-16 à 13.33.27.png

You type in the recipient name CS_Agent and click on the suggestion from the list to select it.

Capture d’écran, le 2024-06-16 à 13.35.54.png

You must provide as much information as possible in your message so as to confirm your identity and prevent fraud. Ideally, you would include your Customer Service PIN, full name, Account Number, and so on. The more info you provide, the less likely they will need to follow up with you, and the greater the chance of them being able to act on your request in one go.

Hope this helps,

-xiv

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Why bother deleting it @Blinkeek ?

It serves no risk to you in any way nor identifies you as an individual with any personally identifiable information.

Just ignore it and use the recovered one for any future interaction in this community. 🙂

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Blinkeek 

If you retrieved your Community account. You should be able to dm a CS_Agent.

Your old account will be closed because of nonpayment for 90 days or longer and you won’t be able to re-activate it.

You will need to start from scratch and get a new SIM and create a new account.

Call 1-855-4PUBLIC to check on status of your account. If it is suspended then you are less then 90 days and need to make a manual payment to restore service. If 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Blinkeek 

Only a customer service agent can "delete" a community account.  

However, you really don't need to .  If you are not a customer of Public mobile anymore, just don't need to login to this account anymore.  No real purpose.  It just becomes dormant.  When most customer leave PM, their community account stays dormant unless they decide to login again.  

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Messages work (for me). Did you try using computer and clean browser?
If you want to delete Community account open a ticket and ask agent to delete it.

To cancel service:

- Port to another provider

- Declare phone lost/stolen. After 90+ days of no pay your account will be deleted

- Go to Payments. Toggle 'Subscribed' to off. After 90+ days of no pay your account will be deleted

Need Help? Let's chat.