cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with mobile data

Bubbie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We have auto withdraw for our plans and since January when I upped my data usage I have had nothing but problems. I keep losing service the minute I am outside away from wifi ,totally unsatisfied if the problem isn't fixed we will have to go with another carrier

9 REPLIES 9

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Bubbie - if you are showing data left on your My Account, try toggling into/out of airplane mode.

Also, ensure your phone does not have a data limiter set on it to automatically disable data usage once it reaches a certain limit. Check the settings on your phone to turn this off or adjust it.

Also, remember plans are 30 days here, not monthly. So if you have your device to track data usage, you will need to adjust the start date each renewal.

OR, Perform a Reset of your device's Network Settings. This also resets Wi-Fi networks and passwords, cellular settings, VPN and APN settings, and connected Bluetooth devices that you've used before.

Iphone:

To Reset Network Settings, begin by opening the Settings app. Next, tap General -> Transfer or Reset iPhone -> Reset -> Reset Network Settings. and enter your passcode.

Your iPhone will reset network settings and restart itself.

android:

Find and tap Settings > System > Advanced > Reset options > Reset network settings.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Bubbie 

I had the same problem last month. Just reset your Network on your phone but you need to re-enter your wifi password after resetting.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@Bubbie , is the signal strength in your area weak?  iPhones and more recently android phones use WiFi assist where mobile data can be consumed alongside a WiFi connection to "enhance user experience".  This might explain your data consumption issue.  As already recommended, it is best to check the usage in the online account to confirm.  

CountyDownIeUk
Mayor / Maire

Is cellular turned “ON” on your phone?

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bubbie was mobile data working before January? or you just joined in January and it never works?

what phone do you have?

Meow
Mayor / Maire

Do you lose signal in one particular area or it is everywhere?

Could be low signal or even your phone is losing contact with SIM card.

Can you try your SIM in another phone - same area(s) when you lose signal with current phone?

@Bubbie wrote:

We have auto withdraw for our plans and since January when I upped my data usage I have had nothing but problems. I keep losing service the minute I am outside away from wifi ,totally unsatisfied if the problem isn't fixed we will have to go with another carrier

If possible, please try your SIM card in another device.  Some devices are better for signal than others.   There is a possibility that changes have been made in your area to the network.   In addition, customers are gonig to notice the 3g netowrk getting worse as spectrum gets repuprosed to newer network technolgies.  is your phone set to use LTE?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bubbie   could be an APN settings 

Your voice calls working ? just data an issue?

Start with this, click Reset All Networks and see if it helps

If not and if you are on Apple, make sure iOS is updated and make sure Carrier Profile is updated

If not, and if you are on Android, you might want to update your APN settings according to the following:

APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy:
Port:
Username: <blank>
Password: <blank>
Server:
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS Proxy: mmscproxy.mobility.ca
MMS Port: 8799
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication Type: Not Set
APN Type: default,supl,mms

or    default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

(might need to include dun for hotspot)
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled

or  Turn APN on/off APN turned on

Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator) type: GID
MVNO (Mobile virtual network operator)value: 4D

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Bubbie  We are just customers like you trying to help .. first check that you still have data left like this 

when logged in

Handy1_0-1677603458965.png

For most up to date account info

if you still need support here’s how 

Getting support / submit ticket

• Get support by starting a conversation with virtual Chat box /SIMon. Click here                 

Or while your already here and logged in the community

• you can send a private message   To CS_Agents by clicking here.

Watch for reply top of page to the

Right ( envelope image )

Need Help? Let's chat.