cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble activating an account

MarjorieRodgers
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey ...

My husband is trying to activate an accounon but its not working. Bell has released his cell number but he keeps getting the error "Sim Card Network Locked" & he can't continue. Anyone know what this means? Or how to fix it? Thanking you in advance!!

19 REPLIES 19

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MarjorieRodgers 

FYI....Samsung phones can also be unlocked by contacting Samsung Canada either via online chat or telephone and once you give them the IMEI# they will provide the unlocking code.

Samsung Canada : 1 800 726 7864

@MarjorieRodgers  So chances are this phone is unlocked already did you respond yes to the text bell sent to port to PM and do you still have the bell SIM card if you do try the number I sent you private message to to start port process over gain 

Samsung has a very helpful unlocking method. It used to be that some Samsung phones would lock themselves (not the providers doing) to the first provider sim. You could ask Samsung.

MarjorieRodgers

He actually bought his Phone new about 3 yrs ago but he bought it @ Staples 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️ He didn't have any issues when he activated it with Bell. The phone is an Samsung galaxy S6

@cellphoneuser1  End of 2017 wasn’t sure when exactly and hence my asking about age .. then I had something to follow up with about the unlocking   Not a practice anymore so thank you for the date and I’ll keep that info under my hat 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Handy1 

All phones offered by providers after December 2017 are to be provided unlocked to the customer. It is possible some older stock after that date that were given to customers under contract could still be locked but any phone released after that date are unlocked. Any phone that is locked to a provider once contacted and the unlocking code is requested is to be provided free of charge, upon request and without delay.

MarjorieRodgers

Thank you 😊 

MarjorieRodgers

He owns his phone. It's definitely not new an Samsung galaxy S6. He's still talking with Bell. From what I'm hearing I think that the phone is locked

@Handy1 wrote:

@cellphoneuser1  I asked about age of phone because there was a time all phones were locked and  as of recently it’s my understanding this is not the norm anymore to lock phones unless In a contract even then I thought that would be a blacklist if someone didn’t pay bill and try to take phone to the competitor 

We already know that the phone is locked but unlocking became mandatory near the end of 2017. 

@cellphoneuser1  I asked about age of phone because there was a time all phones were locked and  as of recently it’s my understanding this is not the norm anymore to lock phones unless In a contract even then I thought that would be a blacklist if someone didn’t pay bill and try to take phone to the competitor 

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@MarjorieRodgers 

Your husband will need the IMEI# of the phone to give the bell agent. This can be found in the "Settings">>"About phone">>IMEI# or by dialing *#06# on the phones dial pad.

@Handy1 wrote:

@MarjorieRodgers  Is the phone locked to bell how old is the phone and where do you get it from ?

if it’s locked you need the carrier it came from to unlock it for you first 

It doesn't matter how old the phone is. Bell still has to unlock it.

@MarjorieRodgers  Let us know how you make out with bell and we can advise further if needed 🙂

edit / sounds like this is all you will need if you got the confirmation text and replied YES to port number you would have 90 mins to do this if for some reason you missed it then you will need supports help but I think this unlock will do the trick 

there’s a number to call for live chat if you did miss the 90 min window to reply I’ll send you it private message just in case and you will already have it 

MarjorieRodgers

He did receive a SMS from Bell earlier. He's now on the phone trying to reach a Bell agent

MarjorieRodgers

Thank you 😊 He's calling Bell now

MarjorieRodgers

Thank you 😊 He's calling Bell now 

LoveNature
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hi @MarjorieRodgers 

from where your husband device is get it call that company to unlocked for Free of any fees.

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@MarjorieRodgers - if the phone is locked to Bell, you will need to contact them to unlock it for you.

Can you try his SIM card into another phone just to check that all services are working?

Also, did you receive a SMS approval to accept the port on the Bell SIM Card?

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MarjorieRodgers  Is the phone locked to bell how old is the phone and where do you get it from ?

if it’s locked you need the carrier it came from to unlock it for you first 

Need Help? Let's chat.