cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Traveling abroad locked out of account due to two factor authentication

bjw_
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I am traveling abroad in Europe and I am locked out of my public mobile account.

There is no public mobile roaming service available in Europe. 

So:

1. I cannot receive a text message for two factor authentication.
  2. I cannot forward my phone number to another number 
  3. I could not even ask a question without first creating a new account to be able to login. 

This is creating significant issues with other two factor accounts. 

Does anyone have a suggestion of how I can solve this issue ? 

Thanks in advance. 

4 REPLIES 4

bj_w

@softech yes I'm there now. 

Thanks for the suggestion.

That seems like a good idea.

Unfortunately it doesn't solve the problem of TFA for any other service through that number. 

I wasn't fully aware of how much an issue this could be and will plan to setup forwarding before I leave in the future.  

@bjw_ you are in Europe now?i

lf so, you cannot setup forwarding like from abroad

What you can do is to downloaded VoIP app TextNow. It will give you a new 10 digits Canadian number. Give it to your friends and ask them to call and text you with that new number. You will receive the calls and text as long as you have wifi or mobile data

bjw_

Success ! Thank you softech. 

Next step, I have to figure out how to forward my number and texts. 

That was a huge help. 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@bjw_ 

you might be able to get the code via email.  But you can you login with your original email for your My Account?

PM just changed to a new EverSafe login system and you need to complete the setup on this new system. 

Have you login to My Account since EverSafe was introduced?

If you have already created an EverSafe id, you can ask the code to send to email instead. Login using the same email as the one you used for My Account, 
On the screen it is expecting you to enter the code, click Resend code and then choose Send email

E_ResendCode_Watermarked.jpg

If you have not created an EverSafe id yet,  you won't be able complete the part to link your My Account with the EverSafe ID, that needs a working phone with a working PM sim using SMS.  (Sending the code to email would not be a choice until  EverSafe id is fully setup) 

Try these workarounds, it could bypass the SMS in linking My Account with EverSafe ID

1. Reset your password to self service account. Once reset, sign in again with new password. Might be able to receive 2FA via email instead to gain access.
    (!!!You will need to click Resend Code and then Send email to trigger the 2FA to email)
  2. Potential workaround (for some): If you don't have access to SMS OTP, try entering an incorrect OTP code 4 times. For some individuals, this is giving the option of an email instead.

If none of those workarounds helps,  please open ticket with support by direct message here:

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there
Need Help? Let's chat.