cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

difficulties signing into Public Mobile app...

Bkrutow
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi - just recently I have been having difficulties signing into my account through the phone app.  I sign in, enter my password, then get sent the six number code via text;  I enter the code, but then am unable to press the "confirm" button below the "two-step authentication" message... the confirm button doesn't seem to be activated.  

Any tips?  Thanks;  BK

10 REPLIES 10

@Danjuma 

try this, after you uninstall the PM app, try to clear cache of your default web browser on your S22, could be Samsung Internet or Chrome or Edge or other browser you set to default.  

After you clear the cache, reboot the phone, reinstall the app

and when you get the code, do not use paste.  Type the 6 digits slower, wait 2 second after before you click Submit

Danjuma

I have no problem logging in on the web browser.

I need to log into the app to port my phone number as I'm a new subscriber. I Once I try signing into the app, it returns me back to the sign in stage.

I have an older phone which is not esim compatible but I was able to download and log into the app on the older phone. (Asus Zenphone). 

I can't log into my galaxy s22 ultra

@Danjuma 

did you enter the 6 digits manually? A trick to this is to enter the 6 digits slower, wait 2 seconds before you try to press submit

and did you try login using the browser?  try with Incognito mode and see if it works

Danjuma

Tried this. No luck

OldMan2024
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have the same difficulty as well especially on my iPhone and iPad. The code sometimes works but usually the button stays grey. The solution that I found in a post from last year is to paste the code but if the button stays grey then delete the last digit and re-enter it manually. This always seems to fix the glitch. Weird that this problem hasn’t been fixed.

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@LitlLdy - Yes, the iOS auto paste code feature sucks with PM's 2fa design that the device copies and pastes it in but there is a 0.1 second delay so it may miss 1-2 numbers and sometimes mess it up with this code as an example: 199076 = 19976 OR 19907. And sometimes It enters the entire code and won't register so I will have to take out 1 - 2 numbers to get it to register.

@fixin1 wrote:

@Bkrutow - If you are using auto enter code it sometimes incorrectly enters a digit or the website does not register. Please try to not do that and see.

Also maybe shrink your text size if you are on a larger text size.

If not, please clear browser (Safari login) cache to see if it will work.

Also you may need to delete and re-install the app.

@fixin1 , the 1st time I used it I copied & pasted the code then realized that confirm is greyed out so I manually typed in the last digit & was able to press confirm! Otherwise my dyslexia would mess it up if I typed the whole thing in 😆 

Bkrutow

Thanks, Fixin1;  I cleared my Safari cache, and now it seems to work.... merci. 

fixin1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Bkrutow - If you are using auto enter code it sometimes incorrectly enters a digit or the website does not register. Please try to not do that and see.

Also maybe shrink your text size if you are on a larger text size.

If not, please clear browser (Safari login) cache to see if it will work.

Also you may need to delete and re-install the app.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Bkrutow 

but you can login to My Account using the browser?

try to uninstall, reboot and reinstall the app and try again

Need Help? Let's chat.