Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Typically, you can move your number if:

• It's an active mobile or landline number
  • We have service in that area
  • It's from a service provider in the same local calling area
  • Number Portability is available in that area 

Tips for moving to Public Mobile

• Keep it live. Don't cancel your current service before switching to us. Your phone number must be active in order to move it
  • Have it at hand. Have your phone, an invoice from your current service provider and if possible, your service agreement handy when you move your number. Just to be safe, you should review your existing service agreement to find out what charges might apply
  • Don't delegate. Only the authorized account holder can transfer a number

Click here for porting instructions.

683 REPLIES 683

ptckng
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello I am also having trouble doing the port from Koodo. @Saray_O

srgallan
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I activated my new SIM with a new number (as instructed for Koodo customers), how do I now port my Koodo number over to my new PM account?

jayray

Hi i just tried to transfer my number from fido and the transfer said that it went through. I can connect to the PM network and my data works fine and i can make calls but i cant receive calls and my texts dont send or receive. 

I'm wondering if i made a mistake during the transfer process, because in the box that says enter your old account number i wrote down the actual old number i wanted to transfer. Is this what it wanted or do they want the account number with the old carrier? the transfer still said that it went through 

If i didn't make a mistake does the transfer for texting just take longer than data? 

Thanks 

Emissary

@habs33 I ported from Bell 27 hours ago and it still hasn't taken effect. So be prepared for a long wait.

luffi

Hi there,

I am having problem porting my current number with SpeakOut.

I've checked the "I am authorized to transfer this phone number" check box, but I keep getting the red message saying: "You must be authorized to transfer this phone number".

Please help!

Ed

habs33

How long does porting a number from Bell usually take? Got message from @Mary_M that the number was ported over and should take 2 hours (yesterday afternoon) but haven't received my confirmation text yet from PM

hda413

Having issues trying to port a number in.

The error I get on the porting page when I Check Eligibility is: 
We are experiencing difficulties in processing this request. Please contact Public Mobile for additional assistance.

I PM'd a couple of mods with no response yet.

@Shazia_K@Mary_M@Saray_O@Caroline_D

goranwong

Hi @Shazia_K 

I sent you a private message yesterday about my problem. My number was active when I tried to activate my SIM and to portmy current no from Koodo. However, the activation was failed and Koodo just cancelled my service this morning. So right now both my Public and Koodo service not available.

Please kindly reply my PM if you need more info.

Thanks,

Goran

margosmark

Hey @Shazia_K

I sent you a private message about my problems porting from Wind. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks, Mark

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @altind

Once you get a chance, can you confirm with us if the issue has been rectified? 

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

pmosher441

Looks like @Shazia_K or another Mod did something right, as my port completed. Everything is working fine now -- in, out, texts, data. Thanks, PM!

Pauline

habs33

thanks. Activated my SIM and PM'd @Mary_M for issue with porting my existing number

pmosher441

Hey @Shazia_K

I sent you a private message about my problems porting from Wind. Please let me know if you need more info.

Thanks, Pauline

Rockdaddy22
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité
Thanks for the update Shaz

Shazia_K
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @altind

I'm sorry about this, 

I see that you have full-service calls/texts the only issue you are having is no data service and rest assured that a ticket has been logged with our tech team, someone will look into this within 24 hours. 

Ticket #:7213942

Thanks,

Shazia

* Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum.

Rockdaddy22
@altind maybe you should never drive a car, have you heard, you could have a car accident. It is a big mistake to drive a car, you might end up dead like some guy I heard about on the news.

altind
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

so, it looks like

Transferring your number to Public Mobile is a big mistake

so you dont have to go through what i am, third day without service.

Norilsksever

Yes, I did hard reboot, I am using iphone 6 plus model

srlawren

@Norilsksever have you rebooted your phone since getting the text that the transfer completed?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@altind I'm out of my depth on iPhone support, unfortunately.  😞  I think you're going to have to wait for a moderator to help, unfortunately.  😞

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Norilsksever

I made the transfer request about 1.5 hours ago, but already recived PM text message that the transfer has been completed and everyhting should be set up. 

@Norilsksever wrote:

Hello,

I transfered my phone number from Fido to PM, I can call or text anyone, but nobody can call or text me now. It sends them straight to a voicemail. Anyone has the solution for that? 

If the calls are going to your old Fido voicemail account, that means that your phone number has not been transfered yet.  You can continue to use your Fido services and your phone calls and text messages will all be delivered there until the phone number porting has been completed.

How long ago did you make the request?

altind

@srlawren

done all that

latest os, iphone 6s

any help?

Norilsksever

Hello,

I transfered my phone number from Fido to PM, I can call or text anyone, but nobody can call or text me now. It sends them straight to a voicemail. Anyone has the solution for that? 

srlawren

@altind this should be resolvable.  What iPhone do you have?  Is it an iPhone 5 or newer, or an iPhone 4?  Have you connected to iTunes and done a carrier update with the PM SIM installed?

If it's an iPhone 4S or older, there is a workaround you have to perform to set the APN via a site you browse to over a WiFi connection.  I've never done it, but some iPhone experts can help.  If it's an iPhone 5 or newer, make sure you're on the latest iOS, and you've done the carrier update.

I'm tagging @Luddite and @Rockdaddy22 for some iPhone data assistance.

altind

what old line man?

the line is already transferred.

the voice now works, data does not.

this is not just a hiccup

this is data service interruption for me, big difference.

why are my apn settings locked,

i insert pm sim the apn settings are gonne,

insertt rogers, wind sim card i see all the settings?

why is pm locking my iphone settings?

as for saving money, i actually not saving money, porting from wind so will have to pay MORE now that am with public mobile.

so pm can charge people $40 or $50 a month for each user but cant even get a support tech to answer the phone with support issues???????

Rockdaddy22
Are you talking to me bud @altind? Who said anything about a few days. This is really only a problem when you newly activate, you can use you old line while you wait for the port. Once it's up and running it's all good. Sometimes you can experience hiccups when first activating, I guess it's something we have to deal with.

We'll then switch back, I really don't mind. Just want people to save money. Yes, no phone support, pretty simple. This is a huge promotion, so mods are a little busy, it'll all be fixed in the morning.

atkwai
Ported from wind as well. Can't seem to get data to work.

kyrioke

Correction - problem solved.

altind

bud in this age, people cant wait for theri phones to be down for days.

dont accept new clients until you are ready to make sure the ones you invite are taken care of and can receive service.

yes you want the money but this is not a good business plan.

you are not ready to accept new customers.

cant afford to wait for days to activate my plan.

if tomorrow morning is stil the saem i am switching back

no time to waste chasing public mobile. cant even call them.

what a joke.

Need Help? Let's chat.