cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring number - confirmation that it worked?

Ella_w
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How long should I wait before I know porting my number has worked? Currently I have answered my old provider's confirmation text, but I haven't heard anything back, and I know that that eSIM is still the one with access to the phone #. Should I expect a text from either the old provider or from PM to confirm it worked? When should I switch to PM, which shows me it does not have my phone number yet?

5 REPLIES 5

@Grinch wrote:

1.  Call your new number 

2. Check what number shows in settings about. 

When it comes to calling your own numnber, this will only provide conclusive confimration of porting if the phone number is being called from a non-Telus phone.  Some of the time (but now always), calls from within tthe same network get routed to the Public Mobile phone even if porting hasn't completed.

Also, when checking the number is the phone's setting's menu, please note that Public Mobile asisgns the ported number to the account immediately upon reqauest and even before porting has completed.  The number shown in the phone's settings menu won't given any indication of whether porting is done.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Ella_w 

There is a 90 minute window for you to reply with YES confirming you are porting over to PM. If you replied late then porting will be cancelled and you need to contact a CS_Agent to restart the porting process. Private message a CS_Agent by clicking on the envelope icon on your computer to restart the porting process.

If you replied within the 90 minute window, your old SIM will continue to work for about 90 minutes for the porting to be completed then it will switch over to your PM eSIM or SIM. Reboot your phone by powering off then back on if it still doesn’t work.

Grinch
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1.  Call your new number 

2. Check what number shows in settings about. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ella_w  If you replied YES to text from old carrier it should port with in 2 hours or sooner usually . Does old. Carriers sim still work . When it doesn’t work anymore then port should be complete . And you can go ahead and use the PM SIM  . But call that number for a update on the port 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@Ella_w  Yes you should get text from old provider that you need to reply YES too or . But no worry there number for live support to help fix will send you it private message 

Need Help? Let's chat.