cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receiving calls and text doesn't work on newly transferred public mobile plan

Kian101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi, I just newly transferred my mother's phone number from rogers to public mobile. However, there is an issue where she cannot receive calls or text from other people. She is able to call others but she can't text. Another problem is that she can't login to her public mobile account anymore because her verification code is linked to her phone number. Help would be appreciated. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

@Kian101   She should be able to get the email option for the code by hitting Didn't get the Code a few times when logging in.  

So did Rogers confirm the number can still be ported?  An account needs to be active so you had to add funds?  If it's still active there's a number to call to re-trigger the port request, I will private message it to you. Check for it at the envelope icon top right or tap your avatar for Messages.

Kian101
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

We weren't able to confirm YES because we just realized that her rogers phone plan had no funds loaded. We called straight to rogers customer service to do it for us instead, but we did it many hours later.

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@Kian101 

Did you leave her old SIM in her phone and confirm with YES from her old carrier that she is porting her number over to PM? There is a 90 minute window to reply or porting will be in limbo.

If you didn't reply then you need to contact a CS_Agent to complete the porting by DM them at:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 

Staff hours are from 9:00am to 10:00pm EST.

Rastin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

This is a public forum please remove your account number. Look for v in a circle on the right to edit

Need Help? Let's chat.