cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring my number to public mobile.

MASA1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I purchased a public mobile phone plan with esim.
The payment has been completed, however, when I tried to activate esim, it was not accepted.
I gave to you guys my Bell account number to take over my previously used mobile phone number, but I probably needed to give you guys esim IMEI of my device.

I have currently received an email from Bell stating that they have received a transfer request but have not yet responded.

Could you help me resolve this issue?

13 REPLIES 13

MASA1

Thank you very much. The problem has not yet been resolved, but I have contacted customer support via chat.
In the meantime I will ask them to resolve the issue.

It will eventually arrive in an email. You still need the app.

MASA1

Yes, I wanted to use esim. The problem is that the Bell sim I used before was a physical sim and when I applied I did not give the esim IMEI to Public Mobile, only the Bell account number.

My pixel7 can use two physical sims and esim.

How to get the QR code?

And your google id is using a non-North American region? If so then as I said, you can use a different phone that can use the app and it doesn't need the esim in it. But of course you need to straighten out the Bell transfer as well.

MASA1

Im using google pixel 7.

The number he gave you is for porting help, not general customer support.
What is the make and model of the phone you're trying to use?

@MASA1  Yes it’s the public mobile  /koodo porting team handle port issues only 

HI @MASA1 

sorry, no number to call, but please submit ticket here with agent:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

and you are using eSIM?. can you install the eSIM on your phone?. you tried to scan the QR code?

MASA1

Thanks for the advice, is the number you gave me Public Mobile customer support?

Sorry, I meant the Bell number you're trying to transfer.
As for the app, you could go to the effort of changing the region on the phone if that's what the problem is or you can get someone else to download the app and you can use it. It doesn't need the sim or esim in it.

MASA1

This is a mobile phone, the app login is not currently available on my mobile phone.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Is this cell or landline? If cell then you need to leave that sim in a phone to confirm the text they will send you. Don't bother with the imei, account number is better.
Be sure to be using the app to sign up.

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@MASA1  Remove personal info this is open forum . So you didn’t reply YES to bell confirmation text to port ? There’s a number for live Support to re trigger  the port request will amend you it private message and get it fixed . And don’t use the IMEI number just give them bells old account number only 

Need Help? Let's chat.