cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring Number to new phone

aharris9819
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I recently got a new iPhone, and I also got a public mobile sim card. I tried to transfer my number from my old provider (rogers) to the new sim card, while also transferring it to my phone. However, after I said "YES" to the activation message from Rogers, I got a message from public mobile saying they couldn't transfer the number, and they think I put in an incorrect MEID (I put the one in from the new iPhone, not my old samsung). If i try to put the public mobile SIM card into my iPhone, it says that the SIM is not supported

Does anyone know if I am allowed to transfer carriers and phones at the same time? The text from public mobile said they would contact me shortly, but no one has reached out yet.

27 REPLIES 27

Baird1972

I couldn't transferred my number from bell to public mobile and it came down to it I had to get a new number which I didn't want to do and  I do like you can't talk to customer service by phone and only send a messages I don't like that should always be a number

Tsigeweini

Hi,

I am trying to change to Freedom mobile, but when they told me that i have to ask public mobile to transfer my same number to freedom public mobile said that they will transfer my number after i pressed YES. Then, i pressed YES i want to transfer my same phone number from Public mobile to Freedom. Public moblie didn’t transfer my number. I went through this process twice one using a phone call and one using online for 2 months. They keep asking my permission to transfer my number to a new provider and I keep giving my permission, but they are not actually transferring my number. They didn’t transfer my number and they keep taking my money by charging me when I don’t want to. 

Please HELP.

Guyleseize
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Tifflee1995 these days,  spammers are everywhere and hard to avoid.  report them . delete them and ignore them.. 

@Tifflee1995 wrote:

I received a private message from

skmeone named victor harris offering a work from home position and says 3,500 a week for income, are they agents that work for public mobile or a complete stranger and likely a virus or scammer ? 

@Tifflee1995   No it's a spammer/scammer...you can click the subject heading in the message and then bottom left of post click Report (to PM customer service), then at the top of the post you can mark Ignore this User and then Delete.  Don't click on any links in the message.

Tifflee1995

I received a private message from

skmeone named victor harris offering a work from home position and says 3,500 a week for income, are they agents that work for public mobile or a complete stranger and likely a virus or scammer ? 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@janet_lhj keep PM sim in the phone until the confirmation SMS has been replied with YES. 

pkaraa
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Aspry77 whats the problem it is showing.. if you still have an error. 

You would need to put your PM sim back in your phone so you can respond to the port text 

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/port-fraud-protection

janet_lhj

hi im transferring my number to shaw since last Thursday but i didn't receive notification and cant seem to use my new shaw sim card .

Aspry77

I still do not have service on the phone

@CS_Agent  @Mary_PM 

If the CSA's are answering in threads maybe you can look at my support request from yesterday that nobody has apparently seen....nor my follow up messages?!!

@aharris9819 yeah.. now you can enjoy the new phone and the new service  🙂

aharris9819

Hi everyone,

Problem has been solved - it was actually a problem on the Rogers end, with them not properly unlocking the phone when selling it to me. The public mobile transfer went through properly, and I'm able to call and text on the public mobile SIM card now, so I think we're good to go.

Thank you all for the quick help!

(problem solved ...... Luddite)

@aharris9819 

As mentioned above, call the Telus porting team number.  Put the Roger's SIM card back to your old phone to receive the confirmation text.  Reminder that your Rogers account needs to be active. Other option is to message Customer service agent, but the messaging system takes longer.  

t_p
Mayor / Maire

@aharris9819 wrote:

Hi,

I recently got a new iPhone, and I also got a public mobile sim card. I tried to transfer my number from my old provider (rogers) to the new sim card, while also transferring it to my phone. However, after I said "YES" to the activation message from Rogers, I got a message from public mobile saying they couldn't transfer the number, and they think I put in an incorrect MEID (I put the one in from the new iPhone, not my old samsung). If i try to put the public mobile SIM card into my iPhone, it says that the SIM is not supported

Does anyone know if I am allowed to transfer carriers and phones at the same time? The text from public mobile said they would contact me shortly, but no one has reached out yet.

From what I understand, you need to use the IMEI of the phone where the old provider SIM is, which in this case is the Samsung.

Try contacting PM to restart the porting process:

https://widget.telus.tiia.ai/publicmobile/publicmobile.html

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : Agreed. But the choice is there. I wonder if it's a different kind of easy to just pull the IMEI off the phone rather going around digging in to find the account #.

aharris9819

@Anonymous i confirmed on the iPhone, with the rogers sim card installed

@Anonymous   .. true.. i always think putting in the account number is easier.

🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

@softech : It's a choice of either...account number or IMEI.

@aharris9819 : Did you confirm on the Samsung or on the iphone? When you do get in contact with someone, have both available. Or indeed just the account #.

softech
Oracle
Oracle

there is a number you can call to confirm the porting status and they will advise you what to do from here.  I will private message you via the Community inbox.  check the envelop icon on the top right

I believe when you port from Rogers, you should have entered Rogers' account number and your phone number

Need Help? Let's chat.