cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering number

Jmunroe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I transferred my phone number over 2 hours ago and still have no service. I responded to the text message confirming the transfer with yes. 

6 REPLIES 6

@Jmunroe  When you login to your self serve account (incognito/private mode) you're unable to select Change SIM card from the Quick Link menu top right of account page?  The option to change SIM cards is also available when selecting Profile, then Change Number. 

However, if these options are unavailable then you'll need to ask customer support to change the SIM card for you.  I thought only suspended accounts didn't allow for changing SIM cards (plus other stuff), but it's possible you're unable to change it because it's a new activation.

Jmunroe
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Yes I believe it he SIM card is the issue. I may have bent it. I replaced it with another public mobile SIM card but am unable to change it in my account 

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Jmunroe   do you have any service now?

if you do not have any service, if the phone status still showing "SIM not provisoned", "No Network", "No SIM", it could be a sim provisioning issue and not a porting issue

But first, can you confirm what band and model is your phone?  just want to confirm if it is compatible with PM network

Also, try to reseat your sim card (power off, take sim out and wipe it clean, then put it back firmly and power up)

And if you have another phone around, test the PM SIM card there

If your phone is compatible with PM network but still not connecting to the network, open a ticket with PM Support and they will confirm if the sim was provisioned properly

1. If you have access to My account: At https://publicmobile.ca/chatbot.

Start by typing "Submit a ticket", then click "Contact Us", Then click "Other", then click "Click here to submit a ticket ↗" 

2. If you don't have access to My Account or have trouble with Chatbot: Private message CS Agent at: 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

**Monitor your Community inbox (envelope icon on the top right) after the ticket is opened.  CS Agent will reply to you there

SulamanKarimi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Jmunroe 

I had the same issue when I first set mine up. Best thing to do is reset the phone your public mobile sim is in as well as contact your provider to confirm the porting. I moved form Freedom and they quickly checked to see if the porting was authorized.

JL9
Mayor / Maire

If you had your old sim in the phone and your old account was still in good standing, then you got that porting text and if you answered YEs within 90 mins you should be good, it may just be a simple reboot, if that still isn't working you may need to reinitiate process if it got stuck anywhere, a CSA can assist you in looking into that.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Jmunroe 

Have you tried rebooting, resetting network settings or reinstalling SIM card and rebooting?

Need Help? Let's chat.