cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem connecting to network

eastieboy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Last week we traveled to the US and we purchased the add-on to allow for phone calls and data while we were there. Since arriving home I'm getting the network not available message when I am somewhere where there is no Wi-Fi. I also have a Chinese SIM card and when I switch to the Chinese SIM card for data I'm able to access the network. Any advice on this would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

8 REPLIES 8

eastieboy

Thanks, I will message CS_Agent and see what they say .

eastieboy

I work in China, so I have a Chinese SIM card for China which I keep active while back in Canada. It allows me to keep in touch with my contacts in China. It will connect to the 4G network, while the PM says " network not available".

eastieboy

...no, I didn't know that I should do that....

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @eastieboy   can you make calls or receive calls?

only data not working?

Try to Reset all network and see if data working agian

HI@Meow  "chinese sim", I think is those roaming sim card.  There are quiet some in Europe and Asia, you can use data in many countries for a great price.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@eastieboy 

I believe that there's still a PM system bug that when you return home after using a USA add on, that your services don't go back to normal right away.  I think that your services get restored back to normal after 24 hours of your return home to Canada.

You might want to contact a CS_Agent for help with that just in case.

Use the Chat Bot Simon to get a ticket or send a private message to CS_Agent

Meow
Mayor / Maire

What do you mean 'Chinese SIM'???
What service is provided by C.SIM? PM's SIM are for PM services including US add-ons. But US add-ons are not very reliable anymore as US shutdown 3G. You might get some data usage, though.

walker1
Mayor / Maire

@eastieboy 

You may have to check and make changes to the APN settings in your phone. Something may have changed since you left and came back.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Did you disabled Automatic Network selection when in US ? Can you manually select PM as your network ?

Need Help? Let's chat.