cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer phone number and cancelling my plan with Public mobile

Sahra
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I wanted to change my provider. The phone transfer didn't happen. I want to talk to customer service and unfortunately it is not possible. I want to cancel this service.

Can anybody help me?

4 REPLIES 4

@Epimetheus porting can have some hiccups with any provider. You got a porting authorization text from your old provider yet? 

I will message you the number to porting support team and they will update you with the status

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

Folks - I'd say if you're gonna give up this early in the game, that perhaps this place isn't for you.

Did you do your homework before activating here?  Did you not learn there is NO live customer support and this place operates on a mix of other user input (as in, this), and messaging with customer support staff (much like e-mail...)

I would submit that once you're over the 'hurdle' of activation and porting, this place is pretty simple.

Most activation issues have to do with user issues related to porting properly, using the correct parameters, and such.

These are VERY EASY to overcome with minimal effort.

Saying that, if you're more into the service model that others manage things, then perhaps try Koodo or TELUS services.

Epimetheus
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Comforting to hear I'm not the only one immediately regretting my decision to switch.  

Seamless right through signing up and accepting payment, then the minute public has the money, the # transfer goes off the rails, there is no temp number, and no one to talk to at public.  

softech
Oracle
Oracle

@Sahra 

Make sure your PM account is active and you can still receive incoming calls and text
Then call your new provider and ask them to re-trigger the porting request.
Wait another hour or two and you should receive that

If still not receive the text from PM asking you to approve the porting,  please open ticket with PM support using this direct link:  https://urlshortner.tiia.ai/Lc9xk8

Make sure that you respond to this text within 90 minutes. If you do not receive this SMS or you do not respond within the 90 minute window, make up to 4 additional attempts to send it. If you are still experiencing any difficulties, reach out to a Customer Support Agent

(Ref: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/porting-out  ) 

Need Help? Let's chat.