cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a number to existing public mobile number

Anni78
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi,

Can I transfer a phone number to existing public mobile number? I’ve only had the public mobile phone number for month and a half. 
I’m also going to be transferring to new phone. 
Thanks. 

8 REPLIES 8

@Anni78 

If it is an eSIM, you will need to download the PM app and purchase a new eSIM on the new phone.

Go to the Account tab>Purchase SIM Card. You will have the option for SIM or eSIM.

IMG_0196.png

@Anni78 wrote:

Thanks. I’m porting in and to a new phone. How do I set that up?

Congrats on the new phone. As long as it can accept eSIM, you just download the app and sign in. It will send the 2FA code to the old phone so make sure it's close by and on with the PM SIM card in it. Then you can purchase the eSIM on the app. When on the app, at the bottom you'll see Account. Click that and scroll down to purchase a eSIM. If you already have an eSIM in your old phone, you will not have to pay again. If this is your first eSIM, you may be charged a $5 fee.

@Anni78 

download the free PM app to your new cellphone and log in to your acct. Now you can buy a new esim and you'll keep your original number intact.

Anni78

Thanks. I’m porting in and to a new phone. How do I set that up?

Anni78

Thanks. It’s an esim. 

Chalupa_Batman
Mayor / Maire

Hello @Anni78 

You can port numbers OUT of Public Mobile to other service providers. You can also port IN numbers from other providers to Public Mobile. If you want to port in a number TO Public Mobile, it's super easy.

Log into your account, go to Profile on the left side. The next page, you'll see My Phone Number in the third box. There you'll see Transfer Phone Number. Click there and follow along. Super easy.

eddieO
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Anni78 yes, go into the PM app and go to the Account tab there you can choose to change phone number 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@Anni78 

I think I know what you're asking. Just take sim outta old phone and install in new phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.