cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfer a Number in from Telus to my Public Mobile account and not lose the number I have with PM

Bill662
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

I currently have a prepaid account with Telus where I would like to transfer that number on to my Public Mobile account.  The number I have with Public Mobile, I would like to keep it as well, I can either transfer it out to another provider or start a new pre-paid account with Public Mobile.  Can someone please help me with this?  I do not want to lose the current number I have with Public Mobile if I were just to port in my Telus number.

Thank you

@hTideGnow @Handy1 

9 REPLIES 9

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

OK, I'll accept what you say, but how should what appears on the CRTC website be interpreted? What does it mean? Maybe I should address that question to the CRTC.

@Grand_Total wrote:

On the CRTC website regarding number portability it says (emphasis is mine):

• As soon as your current service provider receives the notice of cancellation from your new provider, they will cancel your services immediately. Alternatively, you can ask to have your services cancelled at a later date.

It sounds like it may be possible to port out your existing number while keeping your account open so that another number may be ported in.

Sorry, but that isn't a possiblity.  Public Mobile won't allow this.

hTideGnow
Mayor / Maire

HI @Bill662  so you want both numbers on PM?  Just start a new PM account and transfer your Telus number in

Yes, the PM account now you can keep it as is

Grand_Total
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

On the CRTC website regarding number portability it says (emphasis is mine):

• As soon as your current service provider receives the notice of cancellation from your new provider, they will cancel your services immediately. Alternatively, you can ask to have your services cancelled at a later date.

It sounds like it may be possible to port out your existing number while keeping your account open so that another number may be ported in.

DennyCrane
Mayor / Maire

You need a Premium or Triangle number swap, but that's not an option. The only way to do what you want to do is to port the PM number out and then back in again, but this would close the account and your start with a new account.

Bill662

And is there anyway to pull that number back out of the available cell phone number universe on to a new account?

Bill662

Lol, no worries about not being one of the people I tagged.

I am okay with opening another account as I do need one, but just want to be able to swap the numbers some how.  I have read before you can't transfer numbers between PM accounts so I am just trying to see if someone has a work around.  I remember like 15 years ago this was a struggle too.  Thank you for your help...so far 🙂

Sorry, but when a number is ported in, it replaces the other phone number.

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

@Bill662 , you can’t have 2 phone numbers on the same Public Mobile account. You would need to open a new Public Mobile account, using a new SIM Card, and a different email address for the phone number you want to port in.

Edit: Sorry, I know that I am not one of the people that you tagged to answer you!

Need Help? Let's chat.