cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Top Ups

Rogsmobile1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How do I stop the system from allowing automatic top ups via the phone.  I don't want top ups to be authorized - just the monthly account fee.  Please advise on the process to stop the allowance for top ups.  Thank you.

33 REPLIES 33

Outdoorsman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rogsmobile1 hi go into your self serve account go to payments and disable pre authorized payments

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Dial 611 and use your 4 digit account pin to toggle off autopay. But...it's the account fee that the top up does. The system will only take money automatically at your renewal time.

Rogsmobile1

Hi Outdoorsman:  Thanks for the suggestion.  However, I don't want to disable my monthly plan just the option to top up if I run out of data before the next renewal.  I don't want the extra charges for data just the monthly fee and wait till renewal for more data.  Thanks.

There are no extra charges here. When you out of a feature, it just stops.

Rogsmobile1

Hi Dust:  I pay a monthly fee for phone and data.  But if the data runs out before the next renewal, the system offers a top up option on the phone - just click the button.  I don't want that - just the monthly fee and wait for the next renewal for data.  

That's a feature I wasn't aware of. So.. uh.. don't click the button. 🙂

Rogsmobile1

Hi Dust:  The system takes my monthly payment - phone and data then offers a top up option to add more data.  I don't want that charged to my card - just the monthly fee.  It is too easy to just hit the button and deal with the extra payments later.

Outdoorsman
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@Rogsmobile1 hi you are not charged for a top up of any kind unless you buy it yourself there are no automatic top ups here 

Rogsmobile1

Okay - then I need Customer Service to clarify as my daughter borrows the phone at times and maybe doing some to these tops ups without my knowledge.  How can I reach Customer Service Agent?