cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Told I can't be helped for 30 days -with images

akagw
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

For those unfamiliar with my situation, see summary below. 

fail.jpg

fail2.jpg

12 REPLIES 12

hummuschips
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes they said "we'll investigate the issue"

akagw

When they say, 'otherwise, you'll be able to try it on your own in 30 days' i'm to assume they are working on it? 

akagw

I have been misunderstanding a lot then. Also, I have been telling them that I am aware I can't do it myself again due to the 30 day rule. They seem to ignore that and try to do what I can do in self-serve with the same results. 

So in reality, I have waited 4 days now, with the backlog as high as it is. Is it possible it may still take 30 days with the 'investigation'? Perhaps we'll get to a point where they'll say, oh that will take care of itself in 30 days. 

hummuschips

The no help for 30 days is because the system only allows 1 phone number change per month in self serve. They should be able to fix it on the back end as they have more access. It seems like they are escalating the issue to someone that can fix it on the back end.  You just misunderstood the 30 days part.

akagw

Yup, see my summary in this post. 

akagw

Quick summary:

1) wife activated last Thursday the 3rd night no problem

2) I attempted to activate next day Nov 4th, port fails end up with a half-ported number, can't receive calls or texts. 

3) begin onslaught of Mod messages, tags etc for help

4) see too many people stuck and frustrated and decide, screw it, I am going to try to set up a new number in Self Serve. PM let me do it in Self serve.

5) delete PM's to mods asking for help, hey i figured delete means delete right??

6) ahhh 48 hours of service - so nice. Loving it even though the process has sucked thusfar

7) cancelled service with my previous provider since the port didn't do it and I had to myself. everything was working and i was happy. time to stop paying someone else right??

😎 receive text Monday evening saying there was an issue with my number transfer - what number transfer you ask?? The attempt to re-port after I set up a new number. They didn't even check that before attempting. Nor did my deleted PM's delete from their processing queue.

9) Finally recieve a PM from @Mary_Msaying my port has been attemped again and it should be active in 48 hours - it actually went through right away but the old number was cancelled

10) new number cancelled due to the re-port attempt

11) onslaught of mod PM's, threads, tags, Twitter help requests, Instagram, Facebook, etc begins again in earnest. 

12) A mod @Shazia_Kreads my msg at 1pm today after my Twitter contact. I see that in the PM where it shows at being read. No action taken by mod. 

13) continue to try to get answers through twitter. told previous DM's automatically delete and to provide my info again.

14) lead down the path by a PM twitter user saying they could at least give me a new number but couldn't guarantee the other numbers would work. i was fine by that (again!!) and wanted a new number. 

15) they gave be 4 options for new numbers, i chose 1, they then came back with the above response in the pics i've included. 

I have typed this out I don't know how many times now. 

hummuschips

I'm confused. Can you explain everything that happened from the beginning?  Your screenshots don't give the whole picture. 

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

What happened? You attempted to port, it failed and then you chose a new number?  

akagw

Yeah, I have been trying everything. All I keep getting are canned answers that direct me back into circles of hell. Twitter support was actually helpful right up to telling me here are some new number choices, then they come back to tell me what I posted above. That's bad juju. 

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

Wow didn't even know that was possible very resourceful! I like it!

akagw

Twitter direct msgs. I have also used Facebook, Instagram, email, mods, tags, forum topics, voodoo, etc

CaNuCk07
Mayor / Maire

How are you chatting with anyone?

Need Help? Let's chat.