Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The wait is OVER!!!

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Everything is new this morning!!

new plan : 5G and 4G , no worry, 3G plans, $25 and $15 are still there, they just hide it like before

new app: working now

new login: single login for My Account and My Account

eSim: yes, it is real

My Rewards site is gone and back as part of the My Account

looks like some changes on activation, too.  

Other observations:

Subscription (formally called Activation)

• $15 and $25 plan has to activated on app
  • save more with 90 days subscription s on ALL 5G plans and selected 4G plans

My Account: 

• transaction history, each renewal is back to a single entry and not two. GOOD
  • 2FA, now part of Eversafe for single sign-on , cannot be tuned off
  • Usage Filter removed the choice to filter by type, which is good, kind of a fix to the issue earlier.  Again, if you need to filter by type, download the full Excel file
  • BAD, VERY BAD: Mobile data add-on now has an expiry of 30 day!!

My Community

• Private message:  the envelope icon is gone on the mobile browser (phone)  Click on your avatar and select Message.  But no problem on desktop  (It is likley by design)

76 REPLIES 76

@HALIMACS I think the envelope gone from mobile site is actually by design and not a gltich

@wetcoaster wrote:

Do we know if data add-on expiry applies to new purchases only? In other words, are the ones already on the account metered to the time they were bought / gifted, or are they lost at next renewal?

I guess I'll have that answer in something like 12 hours - my plan renews tonight.

@wetcoaster One of my plans renewed today and all of the promo data is still there with no indication that it will expire. My other plan has both purchased and gifted data and there is no indication that there is an expiry date on them (account renews in 2 weeks).

mitchnet12
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hopefully our holiday bonuses are grandfathered to not have an expiration, and that future giveaways don't expire either.

hi @wetcoaster I am pretty sure those old one would stay.. but not the new one

let's hope they keep giving out 2Gb in December 

@softech wrote:

Thanks for the eSIM info, @LitlLdy 

I think it will come to existing subscribers eventually.   And on this new era, all activation has to go via App, no more browser activation 

@softech , yes, CSA said,

“We apologize if some of the steps to complete certain action are not functioning to the optimal capacity right now. We are launching this new release of operation & by experience there are going to be certain aspect of process which may not work. This happens with new release of technology to a system.

As I was writing this to you, I inquired to the moderator of the release & she said that in fact the esim are only available for new activation for the moment on the APP. Sorry that we do not have it available for you at the moment.

Again, this is a new release & upgrades are still coming & hopefully the esim will be available for existing clients very soon.”

Thanks for the eSIM info, @LitlLdy 

I think it will come to existing subscribers eventually.   And on this new era, all activation has to go via App, no more browser activation 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

In case no one knows eSIM is only available for new sign ups which can only be done through the app!

@hTideGnow 

I'm usually fine with the 250MB... I use the data add-ons for the very few times when there are days left over at the end of the data bucket. 😉

At my current usage rate the 2+ GB of carry-over add-on data in my account would last me way into 2024. The 1GB add-on I bought has been on my account for more than a year, and I still have plenty of data left on the 2022 more the merrier gift. I will not use 2+GB data in the next 10 hours on the 50/50 chance that I'll loose it all tonight, which would be a real shame.

And I argue that there should a disclaimer in the account and a SMS to let customers about it, if they are not grandfathering existing data add-ons.

Hi @wetcoaster i think buying extra data is always expensive with any carrier.  So, if used up, change to another plan or early renew

@wetcoaster wrote:

Do we know if data add-on expiry applies to new purchases only? In other words, are the ones already on the account metered to the time they were bought / gifted, or are they lost at next renewal?

I guess I'll have that answer in something like 12 hours - my plan renews tonight.

@wetcoaster , please update us! I hate the thought of losing all the ones I was gifted for Holiday gifts!

Also, It seems really expensive for the ones that’s purchased to expire in 30 days! The more we lose here the less having an account here matters!

Edit: I won’t be purchasing any more add-ons! I can’t afford the loss of it not rolling over & having it expire!

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

fofoplitt
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Terrible changes!! They are coarsening people into upgrading to data plans. Little by little, they are making these plans unappealing. It started by wanting to remove the user rewards by giving "points" now. Add-ons have an expiration date. 

fofoplitt

This is ridiculous. The fact that "data add-ons" have an expiration date makes these plans no longer attractive. What a shame it was doomed to happen. 

LitlLdy
Mayor / Maire

I am now able to type & read on here without those annoying characters! 😁

The app shows all the plans when signing up, including 3G plans! Just not on here on the webpage but does on your account when you sign in & look at change plan! So, Customers that try to sign up on here won’t see all the plan but will using the app! 🙄

Yegger

Thanks! Turned it off now.

Yegger

One login! I may actually get to use the Community more, I kept forgetting the password before (that's my excuse). LOL. 

I don't see the used phones anymore.. I rely on it for the kids'. Hopefully they bring it back

@kb_mv   disable 5G on your phone, just pick LTE.  Some confirmed it actually caused problem if 5G is selected (of course, unless you already upgrade to the latest and greates .. and cheapest??.. 5G plan)

@zaptor99 wrote:

I'm on a 4G plan but my phone now shows 5G.  Does this mean PM now fully runs on 5G and throttled to 4G or 3G speeds based on the plan? Or I guess if phone doesn't support 5G, it will run on LTE?

@zaptor99 I see almost the same thing on my Pixel 5. It quickly flickers between LTE+ and 5G like it can't decide.

@softech wrote:

@ShawnC13   i guess this time PM has enough budget to hire QA team and no need help from "cheap labour" ?  LoL

and it's good, any broken part, Oracles team are not responsible now (not like last time, many asked why your team not tested this and tested that.. LoL)

When we have tested stuff and given feedback not all things we mentioned got fixed before being rolled out.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13   i guess this time PM has enough budget to hire QA team and no need help from "cheap labour" ?  LoL

and it's good, any broken part, Oracles team are not responsible now (not like last time, many asked why your team not tested this and tested that.. LoL)

@softech wrote:

@HALIMACS   why D grade? it is ok so far.  

@ShawnC13  what? how can that be.  Curious, so Oracles were all kept in the dark about the coming of the new site and new app ?  Someone posted about the new app on the weekend was the first time your team aware of the project?

Yes to all of that lol. No idea about the 5G return of 90 day plans or unlimited data on the 5G plans

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@HALIMACS   why D grade? it is ok so far.  

@ShawnC13  what? how can that be.  Curious, so Oracles were all kept in the dark about the coming of the new site and new app ?  Someone posted about the new app on the weekend was the first time your team aware of the project?

@HALIMACS wrote:

@kb_mv @softech 

Who tested this rollout

i give them a D grade

No testing by the Oracles, this is the first we are seeing any of this.

zaptor99

I'm on a 4G plan but my phone now shows 5G.  Does this mean PM now fully runs on 5G and throttled to 4G or 3G speeds based on the plan? Or I guess if phone doesn't support 5G, it will run on LTE?

@Kristowhy , yes, added.  BAD, VERY BAD

Kristowhy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Don't forget to include that Canada add-on data now expires 30 days from purchase...which is clearly a move to push people to higher cost monthly plans with more data

PMdataaddon.jpg

@kb_mv @softech 

Who tested this rollout

i give them a D grade

@HALIMACS wrote:

Where is the private message function?

I have not tried logging in on desktop yet, maybe there?

and yes, I see those ridiculous characters as well, have to backspace to get rid of them!

@HALIMACS The message function/envelope is indeed gone from the app. If you click the support tab at the bottom you will see "Visit our Community". That takes you to a browser window where after logging in you can message as per @softech message by clicking your avatar...

@HALIMACS wrote:

Where is the private message function?

I have not tried logging in on desktop yet, maybe there?

and yes, I see those ridiculous characters as well, have to backspace to get rid of them!

@HALIMACS, On my iPad I still have the private message envelope at top of my page! This took forever to type!🙄

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

I went through the new process of confirming log in data on my desktop for 2 accounts. I loaded the new app onto my phone. Logged on with the account associated with that phone and number. Logged out and tried to log in with second account. Added correct email and password for second account and first account opened. Figured it was user error so logged out and re entered log in info for second account. Same result, first account loaded. Cleared cache and tried again, no change in result. Added the app to my second phone and entered the second account credentials and the correct account opened. Long story short, it appears to me that you can only have one account per phone/app?

Need Help? Let's chat.