cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Texting

sandcliff
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Why if I am in Florida and my Data and Bluetooth are turned off with only WIFI on, for music purpose,

do I get 8-10 Text notices a day telling me I do not have Text available on my plan?

Cliff

7 REPLIES 7

BKNS27
Mayor / Maire

@sandcliff 

If you are just listening to music from your app. Maybe disable Cellular Roaming and see if that stops the texts while listening to your music.

@Yummy- Then it's not SMS. There's no reminder of needing an add-on for those inbound sms texts either. There would be a welcome to the US text though.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

IF ONLY WiFi is on and you do get SMS then you must be having iphone and using proprietary app for SMS.

Unless you are connected to t-mobile; you might receive SMS with no US ad-on packages in that case.

dust2dust
Mayor / Maire

Your phone is sending out visual voicemail sync texts. It sounds like you don't have roaming texting. So the roaming says you can't send texts. Turn off the visual voicemail settings and it will stop. There's no visual voicemail here anyway.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@sandcliff 

Did you purchase a US roaming package? 

If no roaming packages, just ignore the reminders. Maybe turn off roaming on the phone also.  If you don't want the reminders, you could remove SIM card temporarily or turn on airplane mode.  You will still be able to use Wifi for music.  

DDM69
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Just a friendly reminder from Public Mobile that you need to add a US texting plan in case you want to send texts while outside of Canada. 
I get these same messages often when cruising the Caribbean. 

Handy1
Mayor / Maire

@sandcliff  Make sure your connected to T mobile and reboot phone 

Adding make sure data is on also 

Need Help? Let's chat.